Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20641 Discussions

GLSL compile failed (’GL_3DL_array_objects’ : extension is disabled or not available)

Yuya_Fukazawa_bn7
#version 310 es
precision highp float;
layout(location = 0) out vec4 Output;
void main()
{
	const float arr[3] = float[3]
	(
		0.0, 0.5, 1.0
	);
	Output = vec4( arr[0], arr[1], arr[2], 1.0 );
}

The above fragment shader compiles successfully with Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.1692, but fails to compile with Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.5333.

glGetShaderInfoLog returns "ERROR: 2668:38048.581: ’GL_3DL_array_objects’ : extension is disabled or not available".

I think this compile error is a bug in the driver.

I have attached some files.

・Report/GLSLCompilerTest/bin/GLSLCompilerTest.exe is the executable file that compiles the above fragment shader.

・Report/CompileSucceeded_30.0.101.1692.png is an image of a successful compilation with Intel® Graphics Driver 30.0.101.1692.

・Report/CompileFailed_30.0.101.5333.png is an image of failed compilation with Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.5333.

8 Replies
그래요ITech
New Contributor I

Hello there Yuya_Fukazawa_bn7...

The issue you're encountering with the fragment shader not compiling on Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.5333, despite being successful on an earlier driver version, does suggest a potential regression or bug in the newer driver. The error message indicating that the 'GL_3DL_array_objects' extension is disabled or not available is particularly telling, as this should not typically occur if the extension was previously supported and no changes were made to the shader code.

Here's what you can do to address this issue:

1.Driver Rollback: As a temporary workaround, consider rolling back to the driver version 31.0.101.1692, which you've confirmed works correctly with your shader.

2.Check for Updates: Regularly check for driver updates that may resolve this issue. Sometimes, driver updates are released specifically to fix such bugs.

Remember to include all relevant files and detailed descriptions of the issue when reporting the bug to ensure that Intel can replicate and address the problem effectively.

Thanks.

Max

0 Kudos
Yuya_Fukazawa_bn7

Thanks for your reply.

Currently, in our product, we have customers take the workaround (driver rollback).

I hope intel will recognize and correct this issue.

What should I do for that?

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Yuya_Fukazawa_bn7,

I appreciate your participation in our community. It has come to our attention that you are encountering difficulties during the compilation process. I kindly suggest that you utilize the most recent graphics driver, version 31.0.101.5382, to see if it resolves the issue. Your feedback on this matter would be highly valuable, and we look forward to hearing about your results.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Yuya_Fukazawa_bn7

Hello NormanS_Intel,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried with driver version 30.0.101.5382 and the issue was not resolved.
glGetShaderInfoLog returns "ERROR: 42694:37616.558: ’GL_3DL_array_objects’ : extension is disabled or not available".

I have attached some files.
・Report_31.0.101.5382/CompileFailed_30.0.101.5382.png is an image of failed compilation with Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.5382.
・Report_31.0.101.5382/SSUScanInfo.txt is result of System Support Utility scan. 

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Yuya_Fukazawa_bn7,

Thank you for your prompt reply and the details you have shared. Please be assured that we will conduct a thorough review of the situation and provide an update as soon as it becomes available.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Yuya_Fukazawa_bn7,

We are attempting to replicate the issue you reported in our simulation room, but we are unable to do so. Therefore, we require your assistance to better replicate it. Can you please provide us with step-by-step instructions on how we can reproduce the issue? Alternatively, you may share a screen recording so we can investigate it further.

Thank you for your understanding, and I look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Norman S.

0 Kudos
Yuya_Fukazawa_bn7

Hello NormanS_Intel,

I think you can reproduce the issue by running the Report/GLSLCompilerTest/bin/GLSLCompilerTest.exe in the attachment to my first post.

It require Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable (x64).
You can download latest version redistributable from https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

To load shader source file (Report/GLSLCompilerTest/bin/shader.frag), current directory must be the directory where GLSLCompilerTest.exe exists .

1. Start Command Prompt (cmd.exe).

2. Change current directory to the directory where GLSLCompilerTest.exe exists.

3. Run GLSLCompilerTest.exe.

If you want to know what GLSLCompilerTest.exe does, you can see source code (Report/GLSLCompilerTest/GLSLCompilerTest.cpp).

NormanS_Intel

Hello Yuya_Fukazawa_bn7,

I appreciate your guidance. We will proceed with the steps you have outlined and inform you of the outcomes following the completion of our simulation.

Your patience is greatly valued. Thank you.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos