Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20642 Discussions

GPU Core Clock and voltage does not increase while playing some game

idata
Employee

GPU - HD530. CPU - core I5-6500

I've got the latest video driver and BIOS update

Not so long ago I had almost stable high GPU Core Clock, but something has happened and now my GPU Core Clock works with 450 MHz only when I'm playing minecraft.

In other games i have stable GPU load.

in the game GPU's use is about 20% and GPU Core Clock and GPU power are both low as though I just work only with desktop despite opened minecraft xD

Temperatures are ok.

I think it's happening because minecraft has low priority of the videocard probably and it thinks that minecraft doesn't need so much GPU's perfomance .-.

How to solve that strange problem? 😕 "how to inrease that small priority of minecraft in realtion to GPU" xD

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

The graphics controller is actually working properly, I do not see any problem with the GPU dynamic frequency. The base frequency is 350Mhz and you mentioned Minecraft is running at 450Mhz, please bear in mind your graphics controller can reach up to 1.05Ghz.

I understand the only way to adjust graphics settings would be through the game configuration. You may need to check the computer BIOS configuration to set GPU dynamic frequency settings enabled/disabled.

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for your answer

I know that the graphics controller is not broken.

This is probably a software problem, because other games runs at 1.05Ghz or a little bit less, but Minecraft is running only at 600-350Mhz and I don't know why it is happening, on the other hand I've got the last graphics driver, and that problem was even on my previous driver

Minecraft's in-game settings are set to normal, I don't have a fps limiter to constrain GPU's activity

I guess the software just thinks that Minecraft doesn't need much perfomance. Then how do I make my GPU work in the full extent?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Minecraft is not a high intensive game, this is why the graphics is running 350Mhz -600Mhz.

The only way the graphics increase performance would be overclocking the onboard solution but please bear in mind this is out of scope of support.

You can check with your board maker for more information about overclocking, you will need to adjust BIOS settings.

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

About 2 months ago Minecraft was running at 1050-800Mhz and in this case being a low intensive game can't cause low voltage and core clocks.

So the problem is something else.

By the way I noticed that GPU load decreases when I look at complicated structures and it get its maximum (current 600Mhz) when I look just at the sky or the ground but CPU load is stable 😕

It's whether a driver problem or a problem of the game rather

I got 700 Mhz right now xD oh it's 800 already but it happens only when I look at void -_-

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Make sure you are currently running driver version 4552, I have been testing it and I am not experiencing any issues while playing games.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26464/Intel-Graphics-Beta-Driver-15-45-?product=88345 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26464/Intel-Graphics-Beta-Driver-15-45-?product=88345

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I installed it and nothing has happened :c There are a lot of my friends I can play with :c That's a pity. I really can't understand why GPU works not properly in Minecraft, but in other games it works almost perfectly 😕

Players/complicated constructions make low FPS despite low CPU load. GPU just doesn't want to work with complicated structures ._. and decrease its perfomance. WHY decrease!? why not increase when needed? I can't understand GPU's logic

In a singlplayer world I get pure 100% of GPU load and acceptable FPS

0 Kudos