Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20642 Discussions

GPU software not working after latest update

Silvyk88
Beginner

Hi there, 

I bought an Intel Arc A580 from ASrock ( the only model available on Amazon UK even tho I wanted the original Intel) about 2 months ago.

All seemed to be fine, all worked fine until your latest driver update.

The software just purely is frozen, and does not respond in any way. I tried reinstalling several times with no result even an older version and still froze.

I do not understand where is the issue, the card seems to work fine, but I can`t access the driver so I can set whatever or if I press ALT+O to see the temps, etc shows 0 to all .

This is weird.... never happened to me, I have been using pc for about 30 years now and never had issues with the other brands, in this way.

So, to clarify again, I put it in the PC, brand new GPU, installed the driver automatically detected by Windows 11 pro latest model up to date with license, it worked perfectly with 0 issues until I installed the updated driver. After that, no matter what driver I installed, the software stays frozen IF it gets open, if not, i have to stop the process from CTRL+ALT+DEL so i can start it again, but again, no results.

Maybe, you can pass the message to the right team, to look into it. It may be a bug or something, so the team can fix it with a new driver update.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Silvyk88,

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities. We can see that after updating the graphics driver, the Arc Control Software has become unresponsive. We are more than happy to assist you.

Based on your problem, we would like to recommend you the following:

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Silvyk88
Beginner

Hi Jean, 

Thank you for your fast reply, i really didn`t expect to be so fast.

I followed all the steps, and i need to mention that i am a nerd with pc`s so i know what i am doing even tho your suggestion i`ve already tried before in my own way and still did not made the Intel Arc to open or work.

I am sorry if i am being a "drama queen" somehow, i believe i am not the only person with these type of problems, but i know that this is the only way to get the bugs fixed, by reporting it.

If you can speak with the big boys about it, maybe they can find a solution and fix it with a new driver update.

Thank you!

I hope i will hear great news 

Kind Regards,

Silviu F 

Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Silvyk88,

We see that the issue remains as if you tested our recommendations. We would like to further look into this matter internally; however, we would like to ask for the following details:

• To have more details about your system, provide us with system reports using the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click on "Next"; then "Save."
  • If it is possible, it would be ideal if you could share with us a video showing the issue you described to have a better understanding of your issue.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Silvyk88,

We are checking in your thread to see if you have been able to gather the Intel SSU report and if you were able to capture a video of the issue, remember that this will help us further assist you on this matter.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Silvyk88

Unfortunately, since we have not heard back from you, we will be closing this thread. If you need further assistance, open a new thread, as this one will no longer be monitored.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Vudoo
Beginner

I have a brand new install and the same thing happens to me. Ran DDU twice in safe mode. Arc Control panel only launches if I remove the A580 from device manager. As soon as drivers go into device manager ARC control panel will not launch no response from the system tray or from Windows Apps menu

0 Kudos