Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20688 Discussions

Game crash caused poor performance on Desktop graphics

ElMurro
Beginner

Hi Community,

Today i had a weired issue, that after a entire game cursh and laptop restart, the graphics on the desktop got hardly delayed. Even after multiple restarts, i could not imporve the graphic performance.

The issue is solved, by clean reinstalling the latest intel driver for Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630.

My concrete question here would be, why a single game crush causes this performance delay and a clean reinstall of the driver solved the rendering of desktop actions? I am expecting a enhance Exception handling at the software level, but unfortunatly i am running out of ideas, how to explain this behaviour.

If someone finds time and mood, giving me some hints how to narrow the cause, i would highly appriciate it :-).

As addition:

My laptop runs with a Intel UHD Graphics 630 + NVIDIA RTX 3070

Thank in Advance for your oppinions!

Sinclerly ElMurro

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ElMurro,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

We are glad to know that the issue is now solved. Thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior.

About your questions, it would be hard to properly answer them as we need further information about your problem. However, sometimes doing a clean install of the software/drivers for any hardware can help to fix specific issues that can be associated so any additional software that might be causing malfunction. Corrupted files from previous installations of drivers can linger on a system which can cause driver updates to not work as expected.

Since your issue is now solved, we are considering closing the thread, as no further troubleshooting is required. We would like to know if you agree with us to close the thread.

Best regards

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ElMurro
Beginner

Hi Jean O.

thank for the answear!

I wished i could provide more informations, that helps your developers securing this state.

Anyhow, a possible solutions is available for all now.

Further I agreed to close this thread.

Wish you a nice working week

Regards Murat

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ElMurro,

Since you agreed with us, we will close this thread now. Once again, thanks for sharing the solution to the issue. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

We appreciate your comments. We wish you an excellent rest of the week.

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos