Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20640 Discussions

HD 4600 Terrible Performance, Why?

CS14
Beginner

Hello,

I started this question on tomshardware they were unable to help me and pointed me here my issue being -

I've had to drop my gpu from my pc as my psu had to be RMA'd and as a loan they only gave me a 420 w psu which I was not going to try run a gpu on so I had to use the HD 4600 and I have looked up Black ops 2 benchmarks and people seem to get decent fps - However this is not the case for me Even on 800x600 lowest settings on everything I only get about 10-15 fps and even in a silly online game with bad graphics I play only gets around 40-50fps (see screenshot)

So my problem really is poor performance and as always I have the latest drivers graphics, chipset etc What I just do not understand is why I only get about 1/4 of what others get and any assistance as to why this is will be greatly appreciated..

Specs:

Gigabyte H87n-wifi

i5-4670k

420w psu (temporary)

4gb ram

Windows 7 Ult 64 bit retai7

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DJ1
Beginner

Ram and/or Vram amount increase may help.

0 Kudos
CS14
Beginner

Nope, everything is on max there. Changed drivers/chipset/control panel settings etc everything I can think of and nothing.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Robert@ Doge, What graphics driver version are you using? Latest version is here:

64-bit: Driver Download http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23714 here

0 Kudos