Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20638 Discussions

HD Graphics Driver causes right click context menu to be very slow

DRath4
Beginner

Right click on desktop to show context menu takes a few seconds on an i5 with SSD, Win7 64bit

If i disable

TheDeskTopContextMenu Class igfxDTCM ModuleIntel(R) Common User Interface

with ShellExView everything is fine.

It seems to have to do something with permissions, I am logged in as DOMAIN/XXXX and there is also a local user XXXX, if i open the local users userdirectory and allow permissions to open it the right click slowdown is gone

7 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Eristoff,

Based on your description, it seems that the permissions you have on Local users are blocking this service to be ran. If I understand correctly, when allowing the user run this service everything is working fine so definitely is not a problem with the driver but the configuration in the system.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
PFisc1
Beginner
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello all,

I have run some tests based on this behavior but everything seems to be working fine, the right click on desktop works normally, liked mentioned before this is not a problem with the driver but the configuration in the system.

Regards.

0 Kudos
KAdru
Beginner

I just had the same experience as Eristoff. I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Enterprise on a Dell XPS 15 9530. The context menu was really slow. Disabling igfxDTCM Module 6.15.10.4271 would make it fast again. But I wanted to keep the context menu so I tried the permission trick and it worked! I'm logged in as MYDOMAIN\foo, but there is also a local account named foo so I have two user folders called foo and foo.MYDOMAIN. After I entered \Users\foo and clicked continue on the "Click continue to permanently get access to this folder" prompt, the context menu slow down is gone. So it seems that the Intel software is confused about the user folders somehow.

0 Kudos
YWANG89
Beginner

Hi Eristoff,

I have the same problem with you on my HP ZBook 14 G2 with Windows 10. When I login with local account, the context menu is OK, if I login with a domain account, the context menu is VERY SLOW. It's newly installed OS and all settings are by default. Apparently it is affecting a lot of users, I think Intel should fix this issue!

0 Kudos
RDelt
Novice

Have a look

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, All:

Delta-Roh, thank you for the feedback.

Regards,

0 Kudos