Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20641 Discussions

HD4000 DP to HDMI 2560X1080 Support

SVil
Beginner

Hi All ,

I am struggling with 2 miniature machines based on Intel i7 , one is Fit-Pc intense and second by Kontron.

Both have HD4000 WITH 2 X HDMI (support 1920 x 1080) and one DisplayPort (support 2560 x 1600) .

I need to connect the machine to a display that has only HDMI inputs and I must run it 2560x 1080 x 60hz.

Means I need to use the DisplayPort and connect it with convertors or any other solution to the HDMI .

I tried standart convertors from DP to DVI and DVI to HDMI (Not sure if its dual)

Is anyone know any configuration that will work or anyHD400 part that I should order ? anyone have a solution ?

The same screen run this resolution with few other machines (Big boxes) that running Nvidia GTX650.

Regards

Salva

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello salvax239,

Based on your description there are several facts to take in consideration:

1. The 3rd generation Graphics controller, in your case HD 4000, Supports with the Display port up to 2560x1600 and via HDMI it is capable to handle a resolution up to 1920x1200.

From our side, we can guarantee that the using the display port in the motherboard you will be able to use the resolution desired; however, we cannot guarantee the same while using a video convertor.

It is also important to mention that you need to check with the system manufacturer or in the display manual if the display supports this configuration.

0 Kudos