Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20641 Discussions

HP Probook 4510s persistant graphics challenge

MNotn
Beginner

Hello,

I own a Probook 4510s Notebook - NA915EA, it's warranty is already expired.

The problem lies with the Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family [PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42].

Whenever I do not install any driver for this part it works fine. The display resolution can be set to 1024x768, but I cannot connect a hdmi screen to it.

When I do install a graphics driver the following happens:

> I enable driver installation (gpedit.msc\Local Computer Policy\ Computer Config \ Administrative Settings \ System \ Device Installation \ Device Installation Restrictions \ Precent installation of devices not described by other policy settings -> Not Configured)

> I install the driver, WinSAT & Aero enabled.

> I disable driver installation to prevent windows from messing up

> I restart the Probook

> The Probook loads all drivers fine

> The welcome screen appears with black pixels all over the screen

> The welcome screen refreshes 3 times; every time the pixels are on a different place

> Blue Screen of Death

Technical information:

STOP: 0x0116 (0xFFFFFA80072C0010, 0xFFFFF88002A4CB0, 0x0..0, 0x0..000D)

igdkmd64.sys - Address FFFFF88002A4CB0 base at 0xFFFFFA80072C0010, DateStamp 4a01d55b

----

> I enable driver installation (gpedit.msc\Local Computer Policy\ Computer Config \ Administrative Settings \ System \ Device Installation \ Device Installation Restrictions \ Precent installation of devices not described by other policy settings -> Not Configured) (same as above)

> I install the driver, WinSAT & Aero disabled.

> I disable driver installation to prevent windows from messing up (same as above)

> I restart the Probook (same as above)

> The Probook loads all drivers fine (same as above)

> The welcome screen appears with black pixels all over the screen (same as above)

> The welcome screen refreshes 3 times; every time the pixels are on a different place (same as above)

> Screen turns black and desktop appears

> Spam pop-up:

- Display driver stopped responding and has recovered,

- Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows XP(R) stopped responding and has sucessfully recovered.

> The Probook freezes and I am forced to shut it down

I run Windows 7 - 64 bit with Service Pack 1

I hope there's someone out there with the solution

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DArce
Valued Contributor III

The error message you get in the second scenario is similar to what has been described and troubleshoot on this thread:

/thread/32928?start=375&tstart=0 http://communities.intel.com/thread/32928?start=375&tstart=0

Try using the latest driver that has been provided by Hewlett Packard* for your system and install the latest BIOS for your computer. This is available here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3934828&taskId=135 HP ProBook 4510s Notebook PC | Download drivers and software - specify product name - HP Business Support Center

0 Kudos