Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20641 Discussions

Have crazy weird problem, took me forever to isolate it

JSmit89
Beginner

I have a G4400 with Intel HD 510, when ever I install the drivers for it (tried current drivers and beta drivers), the second it blinks black finishing the install. All apps settings, microsoft edge, basically anything that is a app. Will open up then instantly close. But it does not happen 100% of the time. Just about 80% of the time. So every 5 times I try to open it, 1 will open.

Now if I go into device manager and uninstall the Intel HD 510 driver, it will tell me to "restart" to finish. But at this moment I can go through all of Windows 10 and open every app and they work and open just fine with no crashes.

I have tried disabling every single intel process I know of but this error persist the second Windows reinstalls the Intel HD 510 driver again.

In firefox there is a "disable hardware acceleration option" that makes it so firefox does not crash when I try to open it. When I uninstall the Intel HD 510 driver I can turn hardware acceleration back on and it does not crash anymore.

This leads me to think maybe

1. Microsoft has some type of hardware acceleration enabled for all apps and intel HD 510 driver crashed when it deals with hardware acceleration.

2. Inside the "basic display driver" I noticed they give it 16gb of VRAM xD, but under intel HD 510 driver it just gets 128mb.

Anyways ANY TIPS or advice I'm willing to try to fix these ❤️ please help. I'm hoping someone out there knows a driver hack or edit I could do =(

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JSmit89
Beginner

If anyone knows how to disable hardware acceleration in windows 10/direct x 12, that would be useful to try as well.

Windows 10 does not have the same "trouble shoot" option that 8.1 and lower has to be able to turn it off.

0 Kudos
JSmit89
Beginner

Thought for a bit it might be releated to the sound part of the driver because it corrupted/crashed durring sleep mode and the problem went away.

I tried to mimic the said error again, but the intel hd 510 sound driver did not corrupt.

But more weird and interesting. Is putting my computer in "sleep" mode fixes this bug...

My current assumptions have something to do with how the 510 HD driver is programed and loads, and somehow "fixes" its self from a fresh sleep load up. So I am assuming the fix would have to be a driver update. But sadly as only the weakest/cheapest Skylarke cpu has a 510 and I don't see many people buying the newest chipset and using one of these (I am using it as they were sold out of the 6700k I wanted and I'm just waiting it out). I don't think they will fix it. Though pretty soon I will have a 780ti Asus Poisiden as well. It makes me sad I was unable to fix this problem, but this "sleep" solution is good enough for me for now.

No one ever came and helped sadly =P, so thank you anyone who read regardless ^_^

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Seer,

Could please provide us with the following;

• Motherboard model.
  • What kind of crash do you get? Do you get any error message?
  • Driver version installed.
  • BIOS version installed.

If you can add more details (pictures, videos etc.) that would help to narrow the issue.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JSmit89
Beginner

I have a ASUS Hero VIII, with newest BIOS. I tried every single Intel HD510 driver I could find. From old drivers to even the beta drivers.

Only two things fix the error.

1. to uninstall the driver completely, which is not a realistic or good option =P.

or

2. to put my computer in sleep mode for about 2-3 minutes, to bring it out.

The second option to fix it is not so bad ^_^

Otherwise anything with hardware acceleration enabled crashes randomly as it starts.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Have you tried installing the graphics driver from your computer manufacturer? In case you haven't try that here is the link to Asus site https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/ MAXIMUS VIII HERO | Motherboards | ASUS Global.

0 Kudos