Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20641 Discussions

How to Apply a Custom Resolution

RSmit29
Beginner

I've got a new NUC 5i5 and I'm trying to connect it to an early 2000's Panasonic Tau Analog CRT (HDMI to Component Video adapter). The TV needs a 480i signal. By default, the lowest resolution I can select is 800x600. I found the custom resolution screen in the HD Graphics app and added a 640x480 x 60i configuration, but the net result seems to be the new configuration being listed in the list of custom resolutions. It doesn't show in any of the resolution drop downs, either in Win 10 Display settings, or HD graphics app, or Display adapter settings. How do I actually apply this custom resolution?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Our engineering team is working to correct some problems with custom resolutions, I hope next driver releases will have a fix for it. At this stage, this has been reported to engineering level.

Allan.

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Holy moly, sounds like you need a newer TV!

In the meantime, the CUI/OS page will not list lower resolutions like 640x480.

For OS – Try using the 'List All Modes' page to find these lower resolutions.

1. Right click on Desktop -> click 'Screen Resolution'
  2. Click 'Advanced Settings'
  3. Under Adapter tab, there will be a button 'List All Modes'.
0 Kudos
RSmit29
Beginner

Thanks, Bryce. I tried that already. I found 640x480 there, but it was progressive, not interlaced. When I set it to interlaced, it flipped the resolution back to 1080 😞

0 Kudos