Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20638 Discussions

I can no longer increase the screen resolution above 1024 x 768

idata
Employee

I have a Dell Inspiron N5010 15R, until I received an update from Windows Update Video "Intel Corporation - Display - Intel (R) HD Graphics" (Optional), I could use 1366 x 768, but after this could no longer update.

I've tried back the restore point (not returned, the Windows is not allowed), install a newer driver video adapter, go back an older driver, install the driver available from Dell, try update again via Windows Update, but all attempts were unsuccessful.

I contacted Dell support via chat, attendant advised me to run the Dell Diagnostics boot time, was not accused of any problem hardware.

Any ideas what can I do to solve the problem? I'm not willing to take that format and/or make a restore cause of a driver from Windows Update.

Thank you in advance.

PS.: My english google translator. =D

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Eureka!

Follow the steps to resolve the problem:

1) Uninstalled all drivers possible

2) Reinstalled just the latest driver available from Dell for http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=br&l=pt&s=gen&releaseid=R285472&SystemID=inspiron_N5010&servicetag=6FLK3P1&os=W764&osl=BP&deviceid=22753&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=3&catid=6&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=6&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=423558 n5010

3) I removed the automatic windows updates, including those recommended, which was the case

4) Rebooted the notebook in recovery mode of directories

5) Rebooted the notebook normally, there was resolution 1366 x 768 =D
0 Kudos