Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20710 Discussions

I need help with Intel Integrated gpu drivers

Gluey
Beginner

I have been getting a couple of weird errors on my driver for my Integrated Graphics Card (Intel UHD for 6th - 10th gen intel core CPUs).

These errors have been causing a fps issues for directx 9 games where when I look in certain directions in the map my fps drops to about 30 fps.

I started having this problem around late 2022, but before that everything was smooth sailing with the same games I am experiencing issues with now.

These are the exact errors I get in the event viewer :

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9BCA&SUBSYS_86B4103C&REV_04\3&11583659&0&10 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem13.inf

Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Service: igfx

Lower Filters: 

Upper Filters: 

Problem: 0x0

Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9BCA&SUBSYS_86B4103C&REV_04\3&11583659&0&10 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: display.inf

Service: BasicDisplay

Lower Filters: 

Upper Filters: 

Driver Name: oem25.inf

Lower Filters: 

Upper Filters: 

Driver Name: oem126.inf

Lower Filters: 

Upper Filters: 

Driver Name: oem103.inf

Lower Filters: 

Upper Filters: 

I have tried every single driver available for my device, and I tried deleting the driver using DDU, and I also tried doing a clean installation with a lot of different drivers, I also tried hp drivers and intel drivers, but none of these worked.

(Also my laptop model is HP Laptop 15-da2001ne)

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Use the driver provided by HP for your laptop.  Do not use the generic Intel driver.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Gluey
Beginner

Hi AlHill.

Thanks for reaching out.

Sadly, I have already tried to use both the drivers provided by my OEM (HP) and also the generic drivers provided by Intel, but sadly none of them fixed my issue.

Still thanks for trying to help me out.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Gluey,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that you ate having performance issues when playing DirectX9 games.

If we may jump into the conversation, we would like to better understand your issue, so we want to ask for more information about your system:

• Do you recall if the issue occurs after a software or hardware change?
  • What are the DirectX9 games with issues?
  • Do you only experience problems when playing DirectX9 games?
  • What drivers have you tried?
  • Confirm that no other heavy workload programs are running in the background while playing.
    • Open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
    • Click the CPU and Memory tabs to check whether anything is using up large chunks of your CPU or RAM (for instance, a web browser with many tabs open).
  • Create system reports using the following applications Intel® System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Gluey
Beginner

Hello Jean.

I'd like to thank you for your time.

I am 100% certain that the issue didn't start occurring after a hardware change because I have never upgraded my laptop,

but I am not sure if it started after a software change or not.

I specifically have issues with Call of Duty World at War, Call of Duty Black ops 1 and the original Resident Evil 4 (UHD PC port), but also I have experienced issues with minecraft for some reason even though it's not a dx9 game but this issue might be completely unrelated because it's not at all similar to the issues in the other games I have mentioned.

Also the exact Issue I have is when I am in game if I look at a certain direction in the map the fps drops to about 30 fps.

I also only experience this issue with DirectX 9 games. 

I have tried every single Intel driver available for my device I even tried the Microsoft default graphics driver thing, I also tried completely removing the drivers using DDU.

I am sure that it's not a heavy workload, In fact it's the complete opposite both the integrated GPU and the dedicated GPU are under utilized their usage is around 20 to 30%.

I have also attached the txt file I have got from the Intel SSU.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Gluey,

Thanks for the information provided

Based on the system report you share, your system has hybrid graphics, NVIDIA GeForce MX130, and Intel® UHD Graphics for 10th Gen Intel® Processors. Could you try replicating the problem using only one graphics card (disabling the other one)?

You mentioned that you tried the Microsoft default graphics driver, did the issue occur when trying this step?

Also, your system has an Insider OS version installed. Please, install the latest Windows 11 production build (22621). It is important to mention that the Insider version is for testing purposes. Let us know if the issue occurs with the latest production version.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Gluey
Beginner

Hello Jean.

I have tried disabling one of the gpus and using the other (I have tried disabling the intel gpu while using the nvidia one but the games wouldn't launch, then I tried disabling the nvidia gpu while using the intel one but the fps were horrible).

When I tried using the Default Microsoft drivers the fps were also horrible.

And also when I had the normal production build the problem was still there I switched to the insider version in hopes of getting an update that fixes this but, I'll still try to install the latest production build.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Gluey

Thank you for the information provided. 

We will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Gluey,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

After reviewing this matter, it seems that the issue is affecting both graphics adapters (Integrated and Discrete GPUs). We recommend you check this matter with your System Manufacturer.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Gluey,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos