Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20682 Discussions

Intel ARC A380 questions

daws
Beginner

I have 2 questions about Intel ARC A380:

1. Can I install Intel ARC A380 drivers on Hyper-v virtual machine guest? ( Windows 10) . Actually I have nvidia card, but nvidia is blocking install drivers for  their gpu's on vm. There is error43. I want redirect GPU by DDA on Hyper-V hypervisor to Windows 10 guest. It will work?

2.  Actually I have server with P1000 gpu and streaming games to my laptop by shield. Is Intel ARC have possibility to stream gaming like nvidia shield? E.g put A380 in server and streaming games to laptop, tablet, another PC?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello daws

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

The Intel® Arc™ A-Series GPUs do not support SR-IOV, and although not a mandatory requirement for DDA it can cause issues as outlined in this article. I will check with our team if there is any limitation at the time of installing the driver on a VM. I will let you once I have the information.

As for Nvidia Shield, I see they only list their GPUs as compatible based on their requirements website, so the best advice we can provide is to check with them for compatibility inquiries, however, I will be also double-checking on this.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello daws

As promised I double-checked the information related to the possibility of installing the Intel Arc driver in a virtual machine as well as the compatibility for Nvidia Shield.

In regard to the first question, the Intel® Arc™ A-Series GPUs do not support virtualization, hence the ability to install the driver on a VM through DDA is not tested nor supported by Intel.

As for Nvidia Shield taking into consideration that this is proprietary software by Nvidia, as mentioned in our previous post is better to contact them since they will need to validate and test compatibility with other GPU alternatives.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello daws

As informed in our previous post we advised checking with Nvidia directly for compatibility information for Nvidia Shield. As for the ability to install the Arc driver in a virtual machine, this has not been tested since the Intel® Arc™ A-Series GPUs do not support virtualization. Since there are no further questions we will close this thread but feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Bandit8623
New Contributor II

@Hugo_Intel Sad you wont support sr-iov or dda.  huge market for theater pc to buy your cards.   Hopefully you guys reconsider down the road  as ill have to go with amd or nvidia on my next purchase.

0 Kudos
daws
Beginner

Thanks for reply. Sad to hear that Arc A series do not support virtualization. So I have to find another solution

Regards

0 Kudos