Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20638 Discussions

Intel Arc on Resident Evil Village

Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi developers,

When I fire up RE8 and dig into the settings, I found that RE8 does not support native HDR for Arc A770 and I am pretty sure my other computer parts do support it. Also, I can enable native HDR for the demo of RE4 remake. I can only play this game in the auto HDR MS provided. I am wondering are we expecting a fix on it or not since HDR is truly amazing on RE8 according to rumors.

My PC config is 

CPU: i7-9700

RAM: 2*16GB G.SKILL 3600 DDR4

MB: Gigabyte Z390 Designare

GPU: Intel Arc A770 16GB Limited Edition (ReBar on)

SSD: 1TB & 2TB Samsung 980 Pro(game is on the 2T one)

Driver version: 31.0.101.4887 (WHQL)

Display: LG 32GP83B(supports HDR and enabled in windows)

Thanks,

Bill Ge

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I noticed that the HDR is not supported by the Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics (16GB) when playing Resident Evil Village, I will be happy to assist you with this issue.  

I checked the Intel® SSU you attached and your system is not up to date, please follow the steps below and keep me informed of the results:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi Andres,

I have updated my driver after ddu and update my windows to latest 23H2. The screenshot and the new ssu is attatched. The problem persists.

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

Thank you for your response, and for completing the steps.

I will start with an investigation to provide you with the next steps, as soon as possible. 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

Thank you for your time.

I am still working on the replication of your issue, and I hope to have the results soon, as soon as I have them I will let you know.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

Thank you for all your time and patience.

I want to let you know that we replicated the issue and we are currently working on it. We cannot provide an ETA but rest assured help is on its way. As soon I have further details I will let you know

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

Thank you for your time.

I also want to thank you for reporting this issue. Our priority is to target the most popular games and apps to focus our efforts on providing a high quality, stable experience for the broadest set of users. We will continue to improve our software performance and compatibility throughout 2023 and beyond. While we can’t accommodate your request at this time, please watch this article on our website for any possible changes to this situation. 

For now, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos