Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20703 Discussions

Intel Graphics Properties Won't Open

idata
Employee

I'm working on 2 Lenovo T430's with XP SP3. Suddenly the Intel Graphics properties doesn't open. If I select it from the system tray or control panel, the wizard shows up and lets me choose an option. After picking it, the window immediately shows minimized in the system tray, 2 instances of it running. If I right click there is no option to maximize the window. I noticed this kills the system performance and have no choice but to end task. I've already uninstalled the Intel HD 4000 graphics driver from device manager. Removed the Intel processor graphics software from add/remove programs. I downloaded the latest driver from Lenovo's site and the same thing happens. When I try to open the graphics properties the wizard shows up, I pick any option and the window immediately shows up in the task bar, 2 instances running. I also tried using the generic driver from the Intel site with the same results. Used CCcleaner, and did a full check disk of the system, still same issue. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Marcos_U_Intel
Employee

Which graphics driver version have you used so far?

Do you happen to have a video card install in your system?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

the video card is on board, and I can't install one because it's a T430 laptop, not a desktop.

the graphics driver version is:

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/g1d120ww.exe Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver

g1d120ww.exe

13.42 MBWindows XP Service Pack 3,

Windows XP Tablet Edition 20056.14.10.542110 Oct 2012

The graphics driver I downloaded from the Intel site is:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22642&lang=eng Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows XP* (exe)

Installs the Intel® HD Graphics Driver version 14.51.11.5437 (6.14.10.5437).

OS: Windows XP *, Windows XP Home Edition*, Windows....More Windows XP *, Windows XP Home Edition*, Windows XP Media Center Edition*, Windows XP Professional*, Windows XP 32-Bit Edition*>

2/13/2013

Latest

Drivers

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The BIOS and all drivers were updated from Lenovo's website. I'll try the other driver you suggested in the link provided.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I tried the old Intel HD 4000 graphics driver for the T430 laptop XP Pro 32 bit, and it did the same thing as the Lenovo driver. I also tried using the older Lenovo Intel driver that was on the Lenovo support site. The intel graphics property opens to the wizard, if you pick, basic or advanced, 2 windows show up minimized on the bottom of the screen. There is no way to maximize them, and you can only close them. If you pick the 3rd option, you get a window showing the resolution of the current display.

0 Kudos
lmoso
Beginner

ANSWERED:

Wow.. 4 months and INTEL has given up. So much for INTELligence...

I had a similar problem with the Intel Graphics Control Panel. Try running an administrator-level CMD prompt

(right click cmd.exe and choose 'run as administrator' in "%windir%\system32\cmd.exe" where '%windir%' is where your windows folder is. default is c:\windows) and type "sfc /scannow"

If it finds errors and fixes them all, your problem will be solved.

**If not, try this fix:

http://www.kapilarya.com/fix-do-inbox-corruption-repair-using-dism-in-windows-8 [FIX] Do "Inbox Corruption Repair'' Using DISM In Windows 8 - Kapil Sparks™

Looking back now 2 years, I was kind of a dick. lol

Anyway, if your graphics control panel isn't coming up, make sure you are plugging your monitor into the onboard processor output.

0 Kudos
RHoss2
Beginner

this my asus dektop

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@RHoss2​ This thread is from 2013. Please start a new thread, and provide information.

Doc

0 Kudos