Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20640 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 530 drivers / OpenGL

6Comm
Beginner

I've had to revert to driver: 21.20.16.4590 due to a number of issues. The only difference between working and not is the driver.

drivers from: win64_154605.4771 - using application builds based upon MSVC15 64bit - crash on launch initializing OpenGL, other windows components seemed blurry

drivers from: win64_154519.4678 - openGL application became cropped - similar to description on Minecraft display cropped and GUI offset since Driver x.x.x.4664

We are trying to get an application ready for shipping and we don't require much hardware, we do require OpenGL as a requirement and all has been well until trying to update to the latest drivers.

I'd very much prefer being able to still ship with cheap but functional graphics cards in mind AND have the latest driver support. Is this an ongoing issue we need to look out for from Intel drivers / OpenGL?

Files / DxDiag are generated from v .4771 when installed. We just regressed a driver version from the intel tool, then just put the old one back on... but how long can we put this off as we already saw windows creators nuke other drivers...

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello 6th,

I understand you are having OpenGL* issues with newer versions of the graphics driver.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

I would like gather more information about the issue you are reporting to us. Would you please fill out the form that is in the following link and post it on this forum thread? /thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

If possible also attach screenshots showing the exact issue you are having with the applications.

Please also attach the Intel® System Support Utility.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
6Comm
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

As original post. Latest gfx drivers are flat out failures for OpenGl apps, the ones before that have sizing / cuts edges / weird sizing issues. Both symptoms are 100% for respective failure types.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

See dxdiag (i5 6400 + HD530)

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)<td style="padding: 0 5.4pt; border-top: none; border-right:...
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 6th,

Thanks for the additional information you sent to me.

Let me do further research about this and come back to you. I will post information on this forum thread as soon as I have it.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 6th,

The issues you are having happen with the MSVC15 application itself or with an application you created on MSVC15?

If possible provided a screenshot showing the exact issue you are having with newer versions of the graphics driver.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 6th,

I was wondering if you still need assistance regarding the OpenGL* issues you are having with newer versions of the graphics driver. In case you still need assistance just let me know.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
6Comm
Beginner

Hi! Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry for the delay replaying, I took some time off.... my dog died .

Yes, this is still an issue but as we have the older, working driver, I'm being directed to other things.

I would like to get a demonstration video created... what details/situation would your guys really be interested in (so I make sure to include that) if I do? Both symptoms were readily (sorely) visible by just starting an opengl example application if I recall correctly.

The software environment that matters to us is: Qt5.9 (&& OpenGL). We target/support Linux and Windows 10.

These 2x separate issues occur for the windows drivers. Using the latest version of the drivers I downloaded at the time ( v .4771) - as in the previous DXdiag attachment.

I would like to confirm the situation status re Linux / drivers. However, I currently only have access to a VMachine of Ubuntu LTS...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 6th,

I am sorry to hear your dog died.

As long as the demonstration video includes the steps to reproduce the issue and as long as we can clearly see the issue in the video, it should be fine.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

6th: I just wanted to check if you still need assistance on this matter and if you were able to create the video?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
6Comm
Beginner

Thank you, I do apologize. I do appreciate your patience.

Yes, I'm sure the issues remain - I am trying to get some time to document this better for you guys.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 6th,

Thanks for the update.

Take your time and update this thread at your convenience.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 6th,

I was wondering if you still need assistance regarding the OpenGL* issues you are having with newer versions of the graphics driver. In case you still need assistance just let me know.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos