Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20700 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 5500 drivers update screen goes black 2024 edition

LukasBink
Beginner

When updating to the latest Intel HD Graphics 5500 drivers my laptop crashes, forcing me to restart and after reboot my screen goes black and once pc is idle it shows me no flickering but when i open any app it starts flickering again.

I have tried uninstall/reinstall but, still same issue. I also tried to do advanced recovery thinking that might fix (several times) 

I am using an HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p204na

BIOS - Up To Date

Firmware - Up To Date

Windows Updates - not a problem.

PLEASE HELP!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
LukasBink
Beginner

Unfortunately, it didn't help me fix it. I don't know what could be the problem here. The screen still gets black flickering even with lower versions from 15.40

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Have you tried doing a clean install of the driver? That is, with Internet access fully disabled, uninstall the existing driver, reboot and then install the new driver.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
LukasBink
Beginner
Yes i've tried doing it with DDU on Safe Mode but apparently that didn't help either. Also i have checked that all the cables are connected fine when I unmounted the keyboard part to get into the motherboard and stuff like that but still. I'm trying everything from Youtube but noone has my laptop.
0 Kudos
LukasBink
Beginner

That's my specs so far (view the .txt file down below). I don't know if I mentioned this but everytime I try to install any of Intel HD Graphics 5500 my screen goes black but I can move my cursor. The graphics is integrated into my motherboard aswell. Any chances that it's not the issues with the graphics but with HDD?

0 Kudos