Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20641 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics (i3 330m processor) Directx 10.1 ?

idata
Employee

Some sites I've seen report that intel Hd graphics has 10.1 support but others say only 10. I know my i3 based laptop is only showing version 10 in dxdiag but is that just a driver issue or is it as good as i'm gonna get ? (I've got the latest 1086 driver version)

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

I'm not in front of it at this minute, but I have a new HP dv6-2150us with the i3-330m and the Intel HD gma running System 7 64-bit. The computer reports that the gma supports DirectX 11.0 in the device manager details.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

right click the intel icon and go to graphics properties.then information center, you will see that it is only using dx10 version

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

YUP - THIS TIME I have it in front of me, so, I did exactly what you said, This Chip Is DirectX 11.0.

Driver Version 8.15.10.1968.

Now this is on the Windows 7 64-bit box.

The Video BIOS is 1914.0

Sorry Dude, looks like I'm running DirectX 11.0

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi

Can you try the following:

start->run

type in dxdiag and hit enter.

Hit the display tab on the right you will see DDI version. Mine shows 10 as below running Windows 7 64bit. If yours shows any different I'd love to hear it !

Cheers

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

S - doing that, the System Tab states

"DirectX Version: DirectX 11"

The Display Tab states

"DDI Version: 10"

That's the best I can do because I actually don't use any 3d apps or games. That had no bearing on my computer purchase decision - I bought based on the capability to do very fast and dynamic 2d graphics from on-line data feeds (12-15 charts at a time - probably many threads - I don't know I did not write the software) on many , while processing audio output, too. So, the hyperthreading was a benefit but the actual DirectX support was not a factor.

I like this computer, HP dv6-2150us, really well but the one squirrelly thing is that the touchpad is super sensitive and my pointer 'hops' to the screen border - and the new touchpad software seems to have no 'sensitivity' setter on it.

0 Kudos