Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20638 Discussions

Intel HD graphics 520 sleep mode

GNéme
Beginner

Hi, yesterday I updated driver for version 15.40.22.64.4424 but after turning on from sleep mode laptop display didn't turn on, just black monitor. So i had to manually restart (holding the power button) the system. I decided to reinstall the driver with driver version 15.40.14.4352 and the problem seems solved. I am just curious if anyone else experienced such a problem maybe some solution. (Laptop: ASUS X555UB Intel Core i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz @ 2.40GHz) THX,

Best regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DWang43
Beginner

I recently updated my ASUS Q552U laptop to driver 154022.4424 as well and I also had the same problem waking my laptop up from sleep mode as well! I did a full reinstall of Windows in frustration as I tried to figure out what was causing the problem and installed an older Intel graphics driver from Asus's website. I could wake my laptop from sleep mode, and everything was fine. I updated the graphics driver again to the most recent one, and determined that it indeed was the cause of my laptop's sleep problems after I uninstalled the driver and used the older version.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GNéme
Beginner

PS. Windows 10

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, gergely1227:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

That seemed weird to me so I went ahead and performed some tests with one of our Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i3SYH which is very similar to your configuration in terms of processor and graphics engine (Intel® Core™ i3-6100U Processor with Intel® HD Graphics 520).

Having the same driver is not giving me this error or behavior.

I believe this is related to generic drivers and OEM systems, while using OEM systems like yours, the recommendation is to download and install the drivers from your computer's manufacturer website.

This is to avoid losing any special features or settings while using the generic drivers from Intel, for that reason we cannot make sure our drivers are going to work fine with these devices.

Hope this provides you with a better understanding of the scenario.

If any additional questions or inquiries are present, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, gergely1227:

Thought I would just check in and find out if you were able to resolve this problem.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
DWang43
Beginner

I recently updated my ASUS Q552U laptop to driver 154022.4424 as well and I also had the same problem waking my laptop up from sleep mode as well! I did a full reinstall of Windows in frustration as I tried to figure out what was causing the problem and installed an older Intel graphics driver from Asus's website. I could wake my laptop from sleep mode, and everything was fine. I updated the graphics driver again to the most recent one, and determined that it indeed was the cause of my laptop's sleep problems after I uninstalled the driver and used the older version.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I understand, thank you for the reply advising us about this.

In this case, we can note that Intel recommendation in regards to installing the OEM drivers is applicable, I am saying this because Intel creates generic drivers developed to work with Intel HD Graphics from generic systems (not OEM), chances are that some settings related to sleep are not working fine with our driver, which is some sort of expected since again this driver probably was not tested to work with specific devices like yours.

If you are not having issues with the current driver used, an update shouldn't be necessary.

With that said, I would like to set your last comment as "Correct answer" to close this case due to the fact that you encounter the solution, hope you don't mind.

If any additional or future inquiries are present, do not hesitate to contact the Intel Communities again.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos