Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20635 Discussions

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 750 screen stretch

Miked1960
Beginner

I have been using my TV for my monitor. My old system had the same issue, BUT; the software had the settings where I can "MANUALLY" correct this screen stretching issues. I could go in using the visual aids of arrows in each corner to bring correct the screen stretch, all was fine. 

Appears Intel in their Obtuse ways either didn't consider this or were just to asinine to add it due to pure laziness?  They have assed only put in a simple settings to adjust the display resolution which does not solve the issue at all and or failed to follow industry standards like other vendors due to correct this issue. 

I have a NVIDIA graphic card that corrected this issue where Intel which is subjective word or obtuse nave for a company name to not include this settings. Proves they are not very INTELligent and behind in the times. 

Due to the past years of price fixing and price gouging of all the video card manufactures I can't afford a video card all for the sake of their GREED. 

You'd think this company would at least add more settings.  How are you going to FIX THIS?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Miked1960  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I understand you are having a bad time with a graphics problem, I will do my best to assist you here. 

Can you please attach a picture showing your issue exactly so we have a better perspective? 

Also, please attach the IGCC and Intel SSU reports so we can see more information about your system and display specifications: 

Intel® Graphics Command Center (IGCC) 

Steps to get the report: 

Go to Intel Graphics Command Center. 

Click on the "?" Icon or "Support" tab on the left bar. 

Go to the "System Diagnostic" Tab. 

Click on the "Generate Report" option. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel SSU) 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Miked1960
Beginner

Here you go.  you'll see the task bar is cut off barely see half of it. over sketched top and sides. Trying to use the settings does not help still cut off.  Just makes all the icon's smaller is all. The edges must come in all around the edges, like NVIDA graphics card did in the manual setting.

I don't understand why it says my display is my Receiver, not my Panasonic tv. Yes the tv VIA thru HDMI thru my receiver, its always has been for 13yrs and my old system with windows 7,8,10 all seen the TV as the monitor not my receiver.  something not right.  This is not a smart TV. they didn't come out until few yrs later. This TV was bought in 01/23/2010, the build of the TV, most likely in 2009

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Miked1960  

Thank you for your reply and information provided. 

• Are you using adapters or is it all a direct connection (e.g. PC- HDMI to HDMI - TV)?
  • Does this issue happen with a different monitor/TV?
  • I noticed that your graphics driver is outdated 30.0.100.9864. Please update the driver to the latest Intel graphics driver version 31.0.101.4972

Note #1: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation. Also, make sure to do this step disconnected from the internet (wi-fi or wired connection) since Microsoft updates drivers automatically and prevents doing the clean installation successfully. 

Note #2: In case you had to use the Intel driver, please find the instructions on how to install the driver in this article: How to Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 & Windows 11*., Although, we always recommend using the driver software provided by your System Manufacturer to avoid potential installation incompatibilities.  

Intel supplies generic versions of Graphics Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. 

If it doesn't work, please attach an Intel SSU as we need to check the information about your system to make sure everything is up to date and investigate possible causes: 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel SSU)  

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Miked1960
Beginner

Hi Jocelyn,

As stated in my reply, this new unit is plugged into my TX616 Receiver that is attached to my Panasonic TV. 

Also stated with my old system of 12yrs ago running on Windows 10 using Nvida video card and software it read and stated my Panasonic TV as my monitor,, thru my TX616 receiver.  Unlike now with Intel graphics built in VGA system running on Windows 11pro. 

This has not worked. Windows it up to date and the new driver is installed, thank you. Yes ASUS had only given me their driver from their site and I had run an update thru their software and it had installed their update for the video last week. 

Nvidia I was able to manually adjust the screen view using their sliders for top, bottom and sides with green arrows at each corner of the screen and by adjusting the sliders it brought everything in and down so it looked normal, unlike Intel's version of scaling, all this does is shrink the whole screen and still leaves the image the same. it is a useless tool unlike what Nvida had.

Very disappointed in intel's scaling methods, it does not fix the issue. only shrinks the image.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Miked1960    

I hope you are great. 

I am checking this thread and I would like to know if you were able to perform the steps in my previous post.   

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Miked1960
Beginner

Yes, just replied back.

new soft wear is installed same results, nothing has changed.

0 Kudos
Miked1960
Beginner

Good News, Jocelyn,

After digging into Arc control, under global settings I saw retro scaling type, I changed the setting for giggles, I wasn't sure what it was,, set it (Fix width (Integer Scaling) and it worked.  It has corrected the issue at this time.  When I turn it off and start it back up in the morning (Saturday) I hope it will stay fixed. 

The top of screen is slightly off still, the task bar I can see it fully now. Its till cutting off very top of the shortcut Icons like the pic I sent you. It still would be nice if Intel can make more improvements to bring it down a little more.  its not up to Nvidia manual settings where it would bringing it down.

PLUS, I can finally see the minimize, Maximum and close buttons without blindly seeking them and clicking away, like it was in the beginning.

After a shut down and restart tomorrow if it comes back to the old way I'll contact you. Other wise it is 95% fixed.  If Intel can fix the other 5% with an update that will be great.  I can live with this for now.

Thank for the link for this update from Intel. 

0 Kudos
Miked1960
Beginner

UPDATE Saturday,

Here are the down sides.

1. When the browser Edge or FireFox are open closing a tab is hard.  When you aim for the x to close it takes a while to find the right spot to close it, either it opens a new tab when I click the x or very hard to find the correct spot to close it.  The main browser buttons  are okay.   or the + to open a new tab is fine.

2. Although I can see the taskbar fully after the adjustment, down side, I now have 1" boarder on left and right side of the scaled image.  Nvida I didn't have this due to the way it allowed to finely adjust the scaling so it used the full screen area all around with NO boarders. It acted like a normal monitor. 

Summary; Intel needs some more work to fine tune their scaling not just a prefixed to do half the job.  You would think how Intel BRAGS how great they are, they would do a better job like other vendors do, not just slap it together and call it a great job or feature.  They need to do it the right way and do it correctly.. This is the reason why I got away from AMD cpu's. although they are good cpu's they need to step it up.

Thank you for all your help, Jocelyn, its helped me a lot to get a better picture than what I had.  I hope Intel gets it together and does the right thing and step it up in their software. 

Mike

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Miked1960  

Thank you for your reply and the information provided. 

We understand your point of view and discomfort about this.

This issue doesn't seem to be driver-related, it looks to be a scaling issue and it can be caused due to the use of adapters or the monitor.

Please try another monitor using direct connections (HDMI to HDMI). If that's not possible, we recommend you contact your System Manufacturer for further assistance. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Miked1960
Beginner

Jocelyn,

As I was building this computer I used only a monitor for PC/Mac, using the  Display port on this computer thru an DVI adapter to the monitor. Great monitor for its age, does not have HDMI or Display ports, Image was all was good and no issues.  

It should work just like it did on my older computer without issues  connected the way I've had set up over 13yrs. The only issue is Intel vga softwarre. 

I'll keep repeating this until it sticks, Nvidia had no issues like this with their drivers and software.  I hope it finally sticks this time. Intel is lacking this in their driver software. 

Its turned out to be a huge issue in other PC programs too, hard to close the program, desktop Outlook closing or adjusting the size of the email goes on and on. Real shame to put out buggy software and wait for them to fix it.  I use this in my living room for convenience and for watching online shows, this is not going away needs to be fixed by Intel, and do it right not just slap something together put it out there.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Miked1960  

Thank you for your reply.

We understand this issue can be frustrating for you in many ways, however, this issue can be caused by the monitor or the use of adapters, and as we understand, the monitor is not connected directly to the computer. 

Please be aware that Intel does not recommend or support using any kind of adapters and can not guarantee 3rd party products/adapters will work as expected. This is specified in this article: Using Video Cable Adapters, Splitters, and/or Docking Stations in Computers not Manufactured by Intel 

Our recommendation is to contact your System Manufacturer for further assistance. 

This thread will no longer be monitored, but if you need assistance with other matters, feel free to contact us and submit a new post.

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Miked1960
Beginner

I see Intel is now in denial as usual and far behind in it's competition, will make any excuses not to follow industries lead and continue to put out mediocre systems. Look how long it took Intel to WAKE up when AMD, they were mile ahead in multi cores with their CPU's, Intel continued to ignore it until they finally woke up, saying; Golly Gee Wally, I thinks they gots someting here, Wee's Losing money, Wee's bestes do someting about it, I think your right Beaver. 

Like I said many many many times and once again, Nvida is ahead of Intel in their software 12+yrs ago while Intel just kept on sleeping just doing what is easy for them, plus the blame game as you kept on referring too all along. People want it to work no matter how it is connected Like Nvida has all along.  People want to use their receivers and TV's together for movies and shows, Intel limits this to only a Monitor. TV speaker are useless when you only have 2 tiny speakers in the TV. 

Intel can stay in the Dinosaurs age while their competition keep up ahead their customers needs and demands, intel can keep sleeping. Asking my computer manufacture about this makes no sense, they used Intel's VGA chip set, drivers and software, your statement makes no sense to me at all, only to put blame where it does not belong. 

Thanks again for your limited help in the matter, it was a slight improvement, sure needs A LOT more by getting into the 21st century.

0 Kudos