Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20696 Discussions

Intel UHD Graphics 630 - Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath game doesn't properly launch from Steam

DarkDeuxious
Beginner

Hello, I am trying to launch Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath game from Steam and after the splash screen there is just a black screen and nothing happens.

I was wondering if this was related to the fact that I am trying to run the game with Intel UHD Graphics 630? I have no other GPU in my machine. Please find attached my computer specs generated from Intel Graphics Command Center.

Could you please help? Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

DarkDeuxious

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello DarkDeuxious,

Thank you for your response.

Please, perform a clean installation of driver 31.0.101.2115. Sometimes corrupted files from previous installations of drivers can linger on a system which can cause driver updates to not work as expected.

Also, uninstall the game and reinstall the latest version available.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello DarkDeuxious,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that you are experiencing issues with Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath game.

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Is the issue present since day one?
  • Do you receive an error message? If so, provide us with a screenshot of the error message.
  • Is the issue present on previous drivers?
  • Make sure that your system meets the minimum game requirements.
  • Create a report using the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU) report: 
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
DarkDeuxious
Beginner

Hi Jean,

Thank you for your reply. Please see attached the SSU report and my answers below:

• Is the issue present since day one? Yes
  • Do you receive an error message? No error message, just a black screen
  • Is the issue present on previous drivers? Yes (but I have only tried with recent previous drivers)
  • Make sure that your system meets the minimum game requirements. Yes

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello DarkDeuxious,

Thank you for your response.

Please, perform a clean installation of driver 31.0.101.2115. Sometimes corrupted files from previous installations of drivers can linger on a system which can cause driver updates to not work as expected.

Also, uninstall the game and reinstall the latest version available.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
DarkDeuxious
Beginner

Hi Jean,

Thanks a lot, the clean installation of the driver solved this! After restarting the computer the game managed to launch properly (I did not have to reinstall it).

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello DarkDeuxious,

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos