Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20635 Discussions

Intel drivers not working with Microsoft Office 2013

ksmit10
Beginner

The past two graphics driver updates(10.18.10.3960 and 10.18.10.3907) for Intel 4400 graphics for Windows 8.1 64 bit do not seem to work properly with Microsoft Office 2013. When I have either of those two drivers installed all Microsoft office programs I have show up blurry; I have attached a photo. For now I have reverted to driver 10.18.10.3621 and it works fine.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Thank you for sharing this information.

I would like to get more information about the issue you are having so please provided the following:

1. Attach your dxdiag report and graphics report. How to get it?

Dxdiag Report: Type dxdiag in Start Menu> open> Save> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

Graphics Report: Right click on desktop> Graphics Properties> Options> Drop Down Menu> Information Center> Save> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

1. Have you tried installing the driver and then reinstalling the application?

1. Is there any way to try a previous version of Microsoft Office?

Kevin M

0 Kudos
ksmit10
Beginner

1. I attached DxDiag and Graphics reports for the driver that did not work (10.18.10.3960) and the driver that did work (10.18.10.3621)

2. I have not attempted installing the graphics driver then re-installing Microsoft Office.

3. No, I don't have a way to install an older version of Microsoft Office.

4. I went to the link the you had in your second response. I disabled graphics hardware acceleration in the application like it mentioned and it got rid of the blurriness; though I do not think that disabling graphics hardware acceleration should be a permanent fix.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello ktm583,

Thank you for sharing this information.

This issue was supposed to be fixed on latest driver but since this is not working for you I recommend you posting your feedback at this link.

It has visibility for development:

/thread/56029 https://communities.intel.com/thread/56029

Kevin M

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Please check this thread:

kevin M

0 Kudos