Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20738 Discussions

Intel graphics drive exception

kazm
Beginner

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant as found  on the site url:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

informs to first use the graphics r[driver from Intel and then suggests to not use the Intel Graphics driver listed by the assistant, if my computer manufacturer has an updated graphics driver.

So I use my computer manufacturer's driver instead, as instructed to not the Intel driver, but Intel still continues posting every few days, via my Windows 11 side panel alerts, that the Intel graphics driver is available. How do I stop getting notifications from Intel about drivers that Intel instructs me not to use? Using the Windows 11 snipping tool to copy the window where that updated driver is listed, when I try to paste it into this message, it responds with

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

is considered by this message board as having an invalid URL and is removed  from being available in this message.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

kazmThank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In reference to this scenario and to answer your question, please follow the instructions in the links below in order to remove/modify the driver notifications from the Intel® Driver Support Assistant tool:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000094270/software/software-applications.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056698.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello kazm, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
kazm
Beginner

What works, sort of, is to wait the amount of time allowed to have my driver update not being noticed by Intel support and do it all over again, that notice being again given that my drivers need an update, even when I am advised not to use that Intel graphics updated driver since my computer manufacturers graphics drivers are to be used instead, then having to ask for help with this double do and then don't advice from Intel, and follow instructions, resulting in the graphics driver notice not being shown for a month or so, then being shown again, and the same steps again, of being informed by Intel of their graphics driver down loads being available, yet not use them since the computer manufacturer's graphics drivers are to be used instead, and then the same again a month or so; basically kicking that can down the road, again and again.

With things like AI  and super-intelligent chatGPTs, available, one would think that this, essentially very simple case of use, or do not use, a graphics driver, would be handled, in a way as to make it not so repetitive, like a one time solution, instead of dragging out forever.

Get your coders on this job,  so as to make Intel look like the smart company, I once thought it was.

Sincerely,

Kazimierz Mroz

A very frustrated user of an Intel equipped computer, until AMD over takes this market sector.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

kazm, Thank you very much for your response.

We completely understand and respect your position on this scenario.

It is important to mention that for Intel® all the feedback and comments provided by all of our clients are very important. For that reason, I will send your remarks and suggestions to the proper department for them to be aware of your observations in order to keep improving the customer's experience while using Intel® products.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos