Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20638 Discussions

Intel graphics driver update V10.18.10.3308.02 problems

ANjaa
Novice

Having issues downloading the intel graphics driver update on my i7 vivobook s400CA with intel (r) HD graphics 4000. The games i have installed on my laptop (steam and non steam) all of a sudden began to run very slowly, and i suspected that it was due to my graphics driver not being up to date, but when i tried to download the update through the Asus live update client, it claimed to download and update the graphics driver, before my screen flickered and i saw that the update failed, according to the install history in the client. I have attempted to download the update several times, and it fails in the same way every time. I have also tried to uninstall my graphics driver, to then download the latest version directly from the Asus website, but the live update client keeps saying that the same update is available, still failing when trying to install. I have tried to roll back the driver as well without any results. Currently, my driver is in version 10.18.10.3308, and i would like to update the driver to version 10.18.10.3308.02 to see if that fixes the problem with my games. Any solutions?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AThap1
Beginner

Sorry I don't have a solution but I do have the same problem. I just upgraded my intel 4000 drivers because I thought it would help with lag while running games at max settings. Most of the games I used to play can't even be opened anymore and crash at start. I have an hp ENVY dv4.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello guys, thanks for joining the Intel Community.

Can you please post your dxdiag report here or maybe let me know the processor model? How to get the dxdiag report: type Dxdiag report in the Start Search > Save> copy and paste here.

Also you can access device manager and uninstall the graphics driver and install the latest driver from our side at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=3rd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4000 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=3rd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4000

If you are still getting the message "Driver not Validated for this computer" you can try with the Manual driver installation. Here you have the information:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm

Bear in mind that we always recommend customers to download and install the drivers provided by the system manufacture, since our drivers are generic drivers and sometimes these cannot be installed on other systems or the installation of them could overwrite their customizations and possibly change the functionality of the graphics.

AThap1
Beginner

Here are my specs.

0 Kudos
AThap1
Beginner

Holy sh*t that's a lot of stuff...

0 Kudos
ANjaa
Novice

The problem is that not even an error message pops up, the screen just flickers and the update fails according to Live update. When checking the driver in device manager, it says that the driver version is 10.18.10.3308, even after updating, but does the 10.18.10.3308.02 not display the .02 at the end in device manager? Because when i check for updates in device manager it claims that the driver is updated to the latest version, but i don't know.... kinda confused honestly

Anyway, here are my specs:

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Axl, the driver you are trying to install is totally customized by ASUS. I would recommend you to contact the system manufacture so they can let you know if there is any difference between 10.18.10.3308 and 10.18.10.3308.02.

0 Kudos
ANjaa
Novice

I managed to fix the problem on my computer. What i did was, rolling back my driver a second time when i noticed that the version the driver "rolled" back to was 10.18.10.4176, dated to march 2015, which is a lot more recent than the 10.18.10.3308 update that is dated all the way back to august 2013. My games ran smooth as ever with the 10.18.10.4176 active, which is logical since it is the most recent driverversion (at least more recent than the 10.18.10.3308 update). Windows Update wanted me to "update" to the 10.18.10.3308 version again and the problems occurred instantly when the update was installed. I promptly rolled the driver back again.

Perhaps there is a bug or something causing the update clients to consider the .3308 update more recent than the .4176?