Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20641 Discussions

Lenovo intel graphics driver update is same version but different release date

Chris99
Beginner

My laptop is Lenovo. My intel UHD graphics driver version is 30.0.100.9864 and is dated 9/2/2021. I found a driver on the Lenovo support website with the same driver version but a newer release date of Jan 27, 2022. Is installing the driver important or necessary despite it being the same version?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VonM_Intel

Hi, Chris99.

I trust you're doing well. I wanted to check in regarding the solution we provided. Typically, if the graphics driver version that have installed is the same as the driver version that you have found on a Lenovo support website but has a newer release date, it is necessary to install it again. However, it is recommended to keep your drivers up-to-date to ensure that your hardware devices work properly and efficiently. Also, we always recommend installing the latest graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer (OEM), since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

Since we haven't received any further communication from you, we'll be closing this thread. If you require any additional assistance or have more questions, please don't hesitate to create a new inquiry. Rest assured, we'll be here to assist you.

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi @Chris99,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

If the graphics driver version that have installed is the same as the driver version that you have found on a Lenovo support website but has a newer release date, it is necessary to install it again. However, it is recommended to keep your drivers up-to-date to ensure that your hardware devices work properly and efficiently.

Moreover, we always recommend installing the latest graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer (OEM), since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

Best regards,  

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi @Chris99,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Chris99.

I trust you're doing well. I wanted to check in regarding the solution we provided. Typically, if the graphics driver version that have installed is the same as the driver version that you have found on a Lenovo support website but has a newer release date, it is necessary to install it again. However, it is recommended to keep your drivers up-to-date to ensure that your hardware devices work properly and efficiently. Also, we always recommend installing the latest graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer (OEM), since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

Since we haven't received any further communication from you, we'll be closing this thread. If you require any additional assistance or have more questions, please don't hesitate to create a new inquiry. Rest assured, we'll be here to assist you.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos