Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20649 Discussions

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered and Miles Morales visual glitch on Iris Xe Graphics

UnholyUnchosen
Beginner

Dear Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to report a persistent graphics glitch that has been affecting my gameplay for a really long time. The issue manifests as black and red particles appearing on the faces, bodies, and ears of both NPCs and the player character, particularly noticeable under certain lighting conditions and during cinematic sequences. I have also observed red glare or reflections on various surfaces such as walls, glass, and puddles in certain areas of the city, especially noticeable at night.

I have taken several troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue, including downgrading my video driver several times to no avail. Despite trying different versions of the driver, the glitch persists regardless of where I go or what activities I engage in within the game. I can confirm that I am using the latest version of the graphics driver (31.0.101.5382 (WHQL Certified)) and have updated the game to the latest version on Steam. Additionally, adjusting in-game settings has not resolved the issue, despite trying every option available.

To make sure there were no underlying issues, I performed a clean install of the video driver and repeated the process to eliminate any potential errors. However, the issue remains unresolved.

For a better understanding of the issue, I have included a video link below that demonstrates the problem firsthand:

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjA8kpqfXWA

I respectfully request that this issue be addressed in future updates, as it is significantly impacting my enjoyment and immersion in the game. Your prompt attention and assistance in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Sincerely,

Eren

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello UnholyUnchosen,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

To help me further identify the problem and offer you a solution, kindly provide the following details:

• When did the issue start, and have you made any changes that might have led to the issue?
  • Did the game work fine before?
  • Was Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered and Miles Morales the only games that were having an issue with your system?

We look forward to your response! 

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
UnholyUnchosen
Beginner

Thank you for your answer! 

The problem started when I entered the game for the first time. I did not make any changes that could cause this issue and it happened naturally, in fact I even did a clean install of Windows 11 again and the results are the same. The game has never worked properly. The game itself works fine other than this issue, but these graphical bugs are almost always visible and make the game look worse while also affecting the performance of the game. And yes, it seems that this problem only happens on Insomniac games, which makes me worried about the upcoming second Spider-Man game as well.

Once again, thank you very much for your understanding and support. And have a nice day!

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello UnholyUnchosen,

Thank you so much for the response and for providing us with the information that we have requested.

Please perform a clean installation of your graphics drivers, using the latest graphics driver from your OEM, which is Lenovo . If it doesn't work, please reinstall the Intel generic graphics driver: 31.0.101.5382.

For your reference, you may also check out the following links:

Please let me know the outcome of the troubleshooting steps that you are about to perform.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello UnholyUnchosen, 

We are checking in with you to know if you have already performed the troubleshooting steps that we have provided or if you have any additional queries. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello UnholyUnchosen, 

We are checking in with you, as we have not heard any response from you.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos