Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20740 Discussions

N5105 Graphics NETFLIX issue

Dr-No
Beginner

Hello,

As I said in the report, I bought a N5105 Mini PC to use with a Samsung UE55KS8000 TV to watch NETFLIX, MYCANAL, PrimeVideo and encountered a problem when I quit one of these Applications I get a full screen of random white dots.

I changed the driver without success

I bought a second PC N5105 from a different maker same problem.

I don't know what I have to do, a little help would be welcome

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Dr-No,

Thank you for posting the Intel Communities. We are more than glad to help you solve the issue you are experiencing.

To better assist you, please provide us with the following information:

• When did the issue start?
  • Is this issue only present when using this application?
  • Share a picture showing the white dots.
  • Have you tried using another video cable or video output (HDMI, DP)?
  • Are you using any type of adapter to connect the Mini PC to the TV?
  • Since the issue is present even if you use a different PC, could you check if the issue is present when using another Monitor/TV?

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Dr-No
Beginner

Hello Jean,

I bought this N5105 Mini PC especially for this application (HTPC with Samsung TV UE55KS8000)

The problem: when you quit NETFLIX or MYCANAL (France) you get a Black screen with an infinite quantity of random white dots (like an analog TV without signal). I can’t share a picture because I returned the PC.

I use a UGREEN 8K HDMI cable, high quality cable direct to the TV without any adapter.

I bought a second N5105 PC from different manufacturer with the same issue. (Also returned)

Yesterday I tried with my PC monitor DELL U2415 without the default. Also tried a PHILIPS smart TV without the default.

I can add ; I also tried a LENOVO portable PC i5-8250U on the UE55KS8000, without any problem.

I think the Samsung TV is partially concerned. It probably looses a synchro when the streaming app is closed. You just have to Unplug/Replug HDMI cable to correct the situation.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Dr-No,

Thanks for the information provided.

We understand that you have returned your N5105 Mini PC. Since you no longer have the system at your disposal, we were unable to further troubleshoot your issue, so we will now close the thread. If you need additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Dr-No
Beginner

I just wanted to inform you about this issue.

You do what you want with it !!!

This subject is closed ?!

0 Kudos