Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20638 Discussions

Need to update HD Graphics 630 on Windows 10 RS2 (10.0.14393)

pablosalarolli

Hi,

I'm having an issue with an app called pylon Viewer from Basler. It does not open in some computers I installed to. Basler support team send me the following possible solution:

--

Please verify if the Host Machines on the non-functioning sites are using Intel HD Graphics Cards.
We have a small caveat in the release notes about these cards needing to be up-to-date

* pylon Viewer: On computers with an Intel HD graphics card, it may be necessary to                update the graphics driver to the current version.

--

I found in download center the lastest driver for 7th gen core processors, the driver version 31.0.101.2125 (https://www.intel.com.br/content/www/br/pt/download/776137/intel-7th-10th-gen-processor-graphics-windows.html). But it is recommended for Windows 10 (20H2) (build version 10.0.19042) onwards.

Can I install it on Windows 10 (RS2) (build version 10.0.14393)? If not, where can I find a compatible driver version for my OS?

Today the HD Graphics 630 driver version is 25.20.100.6373.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

pablosalarolli, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In order for us to answer your inquiry and to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Was the Pylon Viewer from Basler app working fine before on this specific machine?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
pablosalarolli

Hi @Alberto_R_Intel 

Thank you for your kindness.

Here are the answers for your questions:

Is this a new computer? Yes, it was was recently purchased. It is an industrial computer from Infaimon.

Was the Pylon Viewer from Basler app working fine before on this specific machine? Only once. At the first run after install. The app worked normally, but if i close it then it does not open anymore. No messages, no process running on task manager.

If yes, when did the issue start? As I said, after I closed it. Some times, if I reinstalled the app, it opened. But it was not always.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem? No.

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? It is an industrial computer, that runs on a steelmaking plant. It does not have access to internet due the company policy.

My company provides services to this industry. I will ask someone at the plant to install the software you recommended to get the SSU report and post here.

Basler support team believes that driver version may be the problem. So I'm contacted Intel to help me with version compatibility for my OS.

Thank you!

Regards.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello pablosalarolli

Thank you for your response, we apologize for the delay.

Please let us know if you were able to get the SSU report.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
pablosalarolli

Hello Jose,

I requested to our customer, who owns the computer. As soon he answer me, i'll post here.

Regards

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi pablosalarolli, Thank you very much for your response.

No problem at all, as you mentioned, once you get the SSU report from the owner of the computer please let us know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello pablosalarolli, I just wanted to check if there are any updates on getting the SSU report from the owner of the computer?

In the meantime, for testing purposes, you can suggest to the customer to try a clean installation of our latest graphics driver version, 31.0.101.4887, following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/785597/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-windows.html?wapkw=arc

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Once you get the chance, run the application, and please let us know if the issue with it got fixed after that.

In reference to your original question, if needed, yes, you can also install and test graphics driver version 31.0.101.2125.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello pablosalarolli

We hope you are having a nice day. 

We have not heard back from you. So, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards. 

Jose B.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos