Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20634 Discussions

Question about i7-1255u and Iris Xe

lythz
Beginner

I'm actually looking out to buy a new laptop and got insterested in the  ASUS VivoBook 16 X1605ZA-MB310 wich has a i7-1255u that accordingly to the Intel site has support for the Iris Xe graphics but instead in the Asus site it's declared that the laptop only supports Intel UHD Graphics due to having a single channel 8gb memory so, my question is, if I buy this laptop and increase it's RAM to 16gb on dual channel will I be able to use Iris Xe or will I still have UHD Graphics?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuki14
Novice

Hello @lythz , based on my research, regardless of memory utilization, the integrated graphics unit that your processor have is intel iris xe graphics eligible as what is shown in this link, https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/226259/intel-core-i7-1255u-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-70-ghz.html. The IGPU varies by processor model and also you may want to check if your laptop has a discreet gpu by checking its specifications. I suggest you contact the laptop manufacturer to clarify the specification listed on their website. Hope this helps 🙂

0 Kudos