Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20641 Discussions

RAID recovery? Hopefully easy answer to problem

idata
Employee

I have a DP35DP motherboard with on-board RAID - ICH9R. One of the drives failed and, following Intel's instructions, can't seem to recovery my data. This should be easy and I must be missing something.

RAID is V7.6 (BIOS level 0407) configured like this:

Port Size Type

0 298.1GB Member(0,1)

1 298.1GB Member(0,1)

2 465.8GB Member(2)

3 465.8GB Member(2)

RaidID Volume Level Strip Size

0 Vol0 R0 - Striping 128KB 100.0GB Normal

1 Vol1 R1 - Mirror n/a 248.1GB Rebuild

2 Vol2 R1 - Mirror n/a 465.8GB Normal

The drive on port 0 failed. (The system still sees it but it fails diagnostics.)

Odd thing: Raid Vol0 shows normal status

Good News: Vol2 is not affected and all data is OK

Problem: I can't get the data from Vol1 and can't boot the operating system (Windows Vista - 64bit) to perform the rebuild. When I replace the drive on port 0, the status for Vol1 changes to Failed.

What I tried: Booting from the DVD to access the data. This is how I recovered Vol2 data and some Vol1 data, but the system hangs. When this didn't work, I updated by BIOS to 0527 to get the latest RAID ROM version. No improvement.

Big Question: How can I recover from this? I thought I was well protected with RAID level 1, and very much want to retrieve my data. Can you offer any suggestion?

I expected to lose Vol0 because of this (just the operating system and work files), but didn't expect to lose Vol1 too. For future reference, did I configure the RAID setup poorly?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
0 Replies