Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20636 Discussions

The A770 not works in Photoshop2024

QIT
Beginner

My config is i5 13600kf + A770 16gb, works fine in Photoshop 24.0 (The first edition of PS2023)and earlier.

However, after 24.0 until the latest PS2024beta, it became extremely stuttering.

The following will describe the characteristics of stuttering,no matter the size of the image, no matter any operation, even dragging the window,  the CPU is almost 100% occupied, which was never seen before version 24.0.

The settings such as GPU acceleration are open and I tried all solutions, including multiple PS versions and new and old graphics drivers.I'm sure it's a bug with the A770.

I hope to get a reply and a solution, thank you to the staff!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Catulpos_Intel

Hello QIT,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities and for providing us with a detailed explanation to the issue you experience.

I understand that you are having issues with utilizing photoshop 2024 beta version and for us to effectively assist you, please provide the following information.

• You mentioned that you tried all solutions including multiple versions of Photoshop, may we know if the stuttering issue regardless of its quality and resolution still appears when using an older version of Photoshop?
  • What are the graphics driver versions you used in troubleshooting?
  • Aside from the things mentioned above, what are the steps you’ve done to troubleshoot the issue? Kindly be as detailed as possible.
  • You told me about the basic configuration of your system, but I would like to get one step further and confirm details such as OS build number and see if there are errors logged. The SSU can collect that info that can be helpful to me. With that, please follow the instructions indicated on this article, How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows* and attach the SSU report in txt file when you reply.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Catulpos_Intel

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
QIT
Beginner

I'm sorry for posting two issues in a row, and you can only reply directly to this next time.

Below I will answer your questions.

1.Photoshop Version 24.0 and before it are very smooth. On the contrary, the same type of stuttering starts after 24.0.

2.5186( current ), 4972,43xx and 42xx.  I'm sorry I forgot the last two specific numbers.

①. I also tried to troubleshoot a lot of PS settings (but which found that their default settings were the same as those in version 24.0),   

②. Download pirated Photoshop and completely uninstall Adobe Creative at the same time,     

③. Uninstall the graphics driver completely and PS finally working fine.

The following is the SSU.

Finally, thank you again for your kind help.

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel

Hello QIT,

Apologies for the late response.

Per checking on your SSU logs, the graphics driver installed is the latest version of graphics driver, since you mentioned that you completely uninstalled the graphics driver and photoshop worked, may we know how did you install the graphics driver and how did you uninstall it? A detailed explanation would be much appreciated.

You mentioned that after Photoshop 24.0, the stuttering occurred, may we know if you have made any software or hardware changes before this issue occurred? What is the Photoshop version you installed after version 24.0?

In addition, it would be advisable to use a non-pirated version of photoshop so that in the future, in case you encounter an issue, it is fixable, and you can obtain the assistance from the app developer itself.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
QIT
Beginner

Thank you for your reply.

I uninstalled it with the DDU program in safe mode because I have heard that this uninstall is the most thorough. As for the installation of driver, it comes from your official website and the group file in my Intel exchange group.

My attempts at the different versions have not changed anything else.Versions tried after V24.0 are V24.0.1, V24.3, V25.2, V25.4 (latest)

As I said, V24.0 was a watershed moment. Versions which >24.0 are not normal, and versions which < or =  24.0 are normal.

In the end, I am still keeping the non-pirated PS at the moment, and I look forward to your next reply.

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel

Hello QIT,

Thank you for your response.

Please be advised to follow these steps as this might resolve the issue you experienced.

• Get the latest windows update.
  1. Open the Windows Start Menu (button with the Windows logo).
    1. Then click Settings (button with the gear symbol).
    2. Next, click Update & Security.
    3. Then select Install Now or Check for Updates.
    4. Next, wait for the update to be installed.
    5. Finally, click Restart now after the update is installed.

Should the issue persist, please provide the wattage and make and model of your power supply and which expansion slot is the Intel Arc graphics installed. Also, please include the driver versions you used on your device so we could record your issue accordingly.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
QIT
Beginner

Thank you for your reply, but neither of these methods has any effect.

I want to know if everything works fine when you run PS2024 with a770, because I can't find the same case as me when I search the whole network.

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel

Hello QIT,

I understand that you wanted to gain more information regarding the functionality of photoshop 2024 version while using Intel Arc A770 however as much as we want to provide you with a direct answer, we would like to gain further information so we could conduct additional investigation and research as the app version you were using is a newly released one. With that, we humbly request you to provide the following information so we could move forward with the next steps.

• Make and model as well as the wattage of your power supply unit.
  • Is the re-BAR enabled? Kindly take note that enabling the resizable bar can optimize the performance of your intel graphics card. For your complete reference you can refer to this article, What Is Resizable BAR and How Do I Enable It? (intel.com).

Thank you for understanding and have a nice day!

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
QIT
Beginner

Thank you for your reply,

1. The power supply is MSI 650W,

2. R-Bar is turned on when I assemble the computer.

I can guarantee that there are no issues with the power supply system and the performance of the graphics card, and the bake-proof test and running score of the graphics card are all working fine.

And, since everything worked fine in the old version, I believe that the problem is most likely a bug at the software or driver level.

I hope your department can simulate my problem and come up with a solution.

Finally, thank you for your continued patience.

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel

Hello QIT,

I appreciate your active coordination with us. Bearing the information you provided, please allow us to check and investigate this internally with our team. You can be assured that we will keep you posted on any new developments. For the meantime, we humbly seek your continued patience and kind understanding as we go through this query.

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello QIT, 

Thank you for patiently waiting while we try to find a resolution for you. We sincerely apologize that it took us some time, but I can assure you that we are diligently working on your case. With the latest driver releases of Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics we kindly ask for you try upgrading your driver to 31.0.101.5379 and let us know if the issue still persist after doing so. We will be patiently waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
GT73
Beginner

I have a similar problem with Intel Arc 770 16GB in Photoshop and Adobe Substance 3D modeler. Photoshop is unable to generate a 3D map, it generates an error message "Enable use GPU in preferences check the driver" obviously the use GPU flag is active but Photoshop seems to ignore it. Adobe substance on the other hand does not start at all.
CPU: i7 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 2.10 GHz
RAM: 80.0GB DDR4 2133Mhz
Motherboard: NZXT N5 Z690
Photoshop: 25.6.0 20240312.r.433 2bfcbf1 x64

note: Resizable BAR is on

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello QIT,

We sincerely apologize that it took us some time to investigate your case, but rest assured we are working diligently on your issue. Were you able to try the troubleshooting we recommended above? Please let us know how it went. I want to let you know as well that we did not see any spike to 100% in CPU utilization when trying to move the Photoshop 2024 windows (version 25.6.0). As such, we have some additional questions so we can investigate this further:

1) Have you already tried the 25.6.0 of Photoshop?

2) Since it has been quite some time, would it be ok if you can send us your most recent SSU logs? 

3) If you launch Photoshop as an admin, does it make a difference?

4) You may also share with us the exact steps that you have taken so we can be more accurate with our replication. 

5) Have you also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop 2024?

I will be waiting for your reply. 

as for GT73 we want to give you the full focus of our support. Kindly please create a new thread so we can better assist you.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello QIT,

How are you doing? Were you able to see my previous post? Feel free to share this information with us so we can continue on assisting you regarding the issue with the A770 not working on Photoshop 2024. I will be waiting for your reply. Thank you.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello QIT,

I hope you are doing well. As we have not heard a response in the past few days, we will proceed in closing this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

We wish you the best in your future endeavors! 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos