Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20710 Discussions

Toybox Turbos (Steam) won't launch on the A770 16GB. Using DXVK doesn't solve the issue either.

laxesta
New Contributor II

The game tries to launch, a black screen appears and it returns to the desktop. I wanted to play Toybox Turbos with my 5 y.o. and 3 y.o. nephews, we play lots of split-screen/coop games for up to 4 or more players.

This happens on a stable version of Windows 11.

SSU file attached.

p.s. on another note, games like Doom 1 RT patch by sultim-t, or Half Life RT patch, don't run on Intel cards. Maybe it's not an issue with the drivers, but just wanted to point that out. Quake 2 RTX works.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello laxesta,

We appreciate your patience.

After reviewing this matter, it seems that there is an issue with the game itself. We have successfully tested the workaround, and it is provided here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/287260/discussions/0/1488866813759668440/

Also, for unofficial mods, you should contact their developers for further support.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello laxesta,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when launching some games.

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Do you receive an error message when the game closes?
  • What are the games ( Doom 1 RT and Half-Life RT) distribution services? ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)
  • Could you share with us a video showing the step-by-step of the error?
  • Create a report using the Intel® Graphics Command Center:
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

Based on the report you shared, we noticed that you have the 31.0.101.4125 graphics driver installed. It is important to mention that BETA releases are for targeted testing. For the most stable experience, please use the fully validated production releases here that include the full measure of qualified fixes and features. We would like to recommend you perform a clean driver installation for our latest production driver, 31.0.101.4146.

It is important to mention that to void confusion, we advise you to create a thread per issue.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
laxesta
New Contributor II

hello @Jean_Intel 

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Do you receive an error message when the game closes?

No.

• What are the games ( Doom 1 RT and Half-Life RT) distribution services? ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)

Steam.

These are the places where you can get those. There are several RT mods like this, that won't run on Intel GPUs, for whatever reason. I tried many times but to no avail.

None of the RT mods I tried from this guy work on Intel GPUs. I tried Doom 1 RT mod, Quake RT mod, etc, and Half Life RT mod doesn't work either as reported in a recent Digital Foundry video.

sultim-t (Sultim Tsyrendashiev) · GitHub

• Could you share with us a video showing the step-by-step of the error?

Toybox Turbos crashes after launching it on Intel A770 16GB - YouTube 

• Create a report using the Intel® Graphics Command Center:
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

Report attached below.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello laxesta,

Thanks for the information provided.

We would like to know, as it is not clear to us in your post, if you have been able to try a clean driver install. Let us know the outcome of trying this recommendation.

Also, you mentioned that you tried RT mods. Have you contacted the mod developers? Are the game mods you tried validated by the game developer?

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
laxesta
New Contributor II

hi @Jean_Intel .

We would like to know, as it is not clear to us in your post, if you have been able to try a clean driver install. Let us know the outcome of trying this recommendation.

Yes, I always use the checkbox for performing a clean installation when installing any new drivers from Intel.

Also, you mentioned that you tried RT mods. Have you contacted the mod developers? 

I reported that issue in the Github account of the Quake RT mod, telling the author that the game didn't run on the Intel A770, but afaik, I didn't get a response, if I am not missing anything. There are reports on other RT of his mentioning the same issue with Intel Arc GPUs.

Are the game mods you tried validated by the game developer?

Dunno tbh.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello laxesta,

Thank you for the information provided. 

They will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello laxesta,

After reviewing this matter, we would like to recommend the following:

• There is a new driver available on our website. Test the latest driver version 31.0.101.4255.
  • Can you confirm if the issue happens with no mods? If you run just the game from Steam, is the issue still present?
  • Did the system work before?
  • For testing, would it be possible to test an older driver version, 31.0.101.3959?

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
laxesta
New Contributor II

hello @Jean_Intel 

After reviewing this matter, we would like to recommend the following:

• There is a new driver available on our website. Test the latest driver version 31.0.101.4255.
  • Can you confirm if the issue happens with no mods? If you run just the game from Steam, is the issue still present?

Do you mean Toybox Turbos or RT mods for several great classic games? I havent tried those RT mods in a while.

Toybox Turbos won´t launch, same behaviour as before.

• Did the system work before?

which system do you mean? no, RT on those classic games and Toybox Turbos never worked before. Toybox Turbos worked on my nVidia cards.

• For testing, would it be possible to test an older driver version, 31.0.101.3959?

I tested, Toybox Turbos behaves exactly the same as with the most recent drivers, it crashes after it tries to launch.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello laxesta,

Thanks for the information provided. We apologize for the confusing questions in our previous post; however, besides your doubts, you provided the information we were looking for.

We will resume our research regarding this matter. We will post back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello laxesta,

After reviewing this matter, it seems that there is an issue with the game itself. We have successfully tested the workaround, and it is provided here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/287260/discussions/0/1488866813759668440/

Also, for unofficial mods, you should contact their developers for further support.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
laxesta
New Contributor II

thanks @Jean_Intel . This solution fixed it for me. Toybox Turbos is an excellent game to play with my nephews.

After setting the desktop resolution to 720p, the game launched fine. Then I changed the resolution ingame to my monitor's native res. -1440p-, and when I applied the changes, the game stopped. Upon restarting the game, voilá, it was running like a charm at 1440p.

Thanks for the help, best regards.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello laxesta,

We are glad to know that the information provided helped you, and now your issue with Toybox Turbos is solved. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos