Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20638 Discussions

Want to update PC Intel graphic driver, unable to because it's custom

SleepyGamer
Beginner

I have an Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 driver and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 driver. I have been trying to update these drivers for a few months now, one because of the DCH (is that what it's called?) update, and two because my PC seems to be unable to run the two games I want to play (Kurtzpel and Paladins).

I have tried to update the Intel driver off of this site, off of my own Windows 10 Updates, and from properties on device manager. The Intel driver is custom, however, and refuses to update. I haven't tried anything besides clicking update on properties for the NVIDIA one, and it didn't work either.

I'm not good with stuff this technical with my PC, so if any of this info doesn't help, tell me. I'm also afraid to completely uninstall the Intel graphic and manually install the updated driver because I don't have any good tech support near me.

The Intel graphic update that I need, according to the Intel Driver & Support Assistant:

Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers

Latest version: x.x.x.7584

Installed Version: x.x.x.7262

Dunno if this info helps or not:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3192 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

System model: Inspirion 3670

System type: x64 based PC

Version: Windows 10

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Since you have dual graphics, you must use the drivers for Intel and nvidia graphics provided by DELL.

Doc

0 Kudos
SJack2
New Contributor II

Send this message to Dell.

BUT there is a workaround. Download the DCH driver.

Control Panel|System|Advanced System Settings|Hardware|Device Installation Settings set to 'No'

Disconnect machine from internet. Uninstall existing driver, restart - Device Manager 'Display Adaptors' it should revert to 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', if not then right-click and 'Uninstall Device' checking the 'Delete the driver software for this device' check box. Restart.

Install the DCH Driver. Restart.

Connect to Internet. Download wushowhide.diagcab.

Check for updates. If older driver is detected as better match and starts downloading run the downloaded cab file.

Hide the WU driver in the list of updates to hide. Restart. Check DCH driver is still loaded. Enjoy.

The Nvidia driver will load only when required. You can update this at nvidia.com - AFAIK reference drivers should work unless the release notes specifically state that you should not use them on your hardware.

0 Kudos
SleepyGamer
Beginner

I'll send this to dell, and if what they suggest doesn't work, I'll definitely try the workaround. Thank you

0 Kudos