Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20642 Discussions

Why on Windows Update/Intel Corporation - Extension is showing 3 old Different Versions of updates?

Avie1889
Novice

Hi friends

As you can see on screenshot below, my Windows Update is showing Intel Corporation - Extension updating 3 different OLD versions simultaneously while latest version is updated and preinstalled on the system. What's logic behind showing updates of old 3 different versions while latest one is updated and why Windows Update is forcing or showing it on Windows updates information? It's annoying.

As you can see on attached images, DriverExplorer.exe (Git hub) is showing 3 unwanted Old drivers installed in attached image while latest one is preinstalled and updated.

Is it a glitch on Intel side or is it necessary to install old drivers as well? Because my new updated driver is working smoothly and this weird old drivers started appearing on Windows Update and getting installed from past few days despite of deleting them again & again.

I request Intel to look into this matter and stop sending updates of old drivers when newest one is installed and updated.

Regards,

Avie 🙂

Lenovo - X1 Titanium (Type 20QA, 20QB) Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 20QA - Model 20QA00A8US (with Intel evo)

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Avie1889,

Thank you for posting in our Intel communities.

Upon researching, we have found this Microsoft link that is related to the issue that we have. Please check this Microsoft forum for a possible solution:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-remove-an-update-from-the-list-of/b69d81f8-1e5d-4b5e-9473-8ef195e9d2a1

Furthermore, you may also check out the following links below, as they may also be helpful to resolve our issue:

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Avie1889,

We are checking in with you to know if you have already performed the troubleshooting steps that we have provided or if you have any additional queries. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any. 

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Avie1889
Novice

Hi,
I tried everything. But it keeps updating old drivers and also keeps new driver. I'm giving up as there's no solution. Those old drivers are provided by Intel to Microsoft so blaming Microsoft on this issue is unfair. You have to coordinate with Microsoft and solve this issue. Even C Drive Intel folder shows 4 different version of same driver is installed.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Avi,

You didn't tried everything. Please download an run the Microsoft Show or Hide Updates Troubleshooter and block the unwanted updates from Microsoft. This is the right way to do it.  More explanation here

Leon

0 Kudos
Avie1889
Novice

Hi

Check here, 4 different versions installed of same driver.

Even i used Microsoft wushowhide to hide drivers but it keeps coming up on reboot.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Avie1889,

Please generate an SSU report to help us further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, complete model of your system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article How to Get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows. Please share with us the generated SSU.txt file.

By the way, after providing the SSU, I will raise our concern with our engineers.

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Avie1889
Novice

Hi,

Thanks for your revert.

Attached is SSU.txt file as per your request.

Hoping to get solution soon.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello  Avie1889,

Thank you so much for providing us with your SSU.

I will now raise the issue with our engineers and post the response on this thread once it is available.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Avie1889,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

Upon reviewing the most recent SSU logs, it has been observed that the graphics driver version currently installed is 31.0.101.4314, which may be provided by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). It is recommended to proceed with the installation of graphics driver version 31.0.101.5444. Following this update, kindly perform a Windows update once more and let us know the outcome. 

Please note that during the installation of the graphics driver, it is important to ensure that the option for 'Execute a clean installation' remains unchecked.

Thank you and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos