Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20641 Discussions

Will it play?

idata
Employee

I have been playing Crysis 2 on my Intel HD graphics card but I was wondering that with BF3 work also? For Crysis 2 I get around 15 FPS and at most to 30 FPS but I assume that BF3 will run on lowest settings right? I have the original Intel HD graphics card on my Sony laptop that I got a year agao. I do have the lastest drivers and updates from microsoft. I also updated my DirectX. I have the full game of Crysis 2 btw. But I was thinking to buy the BF3 next.

My system specs.

Sony VPCEB3QFX/WI

Intel® Core™ i3 - 370M (2.40GHz)

8 GB DDR3/1066MHz

320 GB 5400rpm, Serial ATA

Realtek® High Definition Audio

Intel® HD graphics, 1.7GB VRAM

TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633C

Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

I use to use the 2559 version for my Intel HD video card but I went back to 2509 since I heard there were problems with the 2559 driver and that's why Intel took it off. But will BF3 play on my laptop? I have alot of ram that's forsure since I have 8 GB. I don't mind playing on lowest res and settings but just wanted to play the game somehow since according to the specs my video card does have the features it needs like Shader Model 4.0 and has more than enough VRAM also. It said the game recommends having Shader Model 5.0 but 4.0 will work.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I did ask this question on a different forums but they said it will run but have to have it on the lowest res and settings but is that true? I know people here use Intel graphics cards so I thought maybe someone here would know more.

Thanks

0 Kudos