Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20638 Discussions

Windows 10 BSOD With Intel HD Graphics 4400.

LBell4
Novice

Hello, and good evening everyone.

Today I upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and I'm having only one big problem, relate to a horrible behavior of the intel HD Graphics 4400 installed on my PC.

My requirements are:

Processor: Intel Core i5 4440 3.10GHZ 3.10 GHZ.

RAM: 8 GB 1600MHZ.

MotherBoard: MSI Z97 Gaming 3.

When I open any fullscreen or 3D application (games mostly), the graphics driver becomes on a sudden stop and crashes the PC, deploying a BSOD with message:

" VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)". I tried reinstalling drivers, uninstalling them and disabling them... Nothing of that was success... If anyone has the same problem, or maybe someone solve that problem, please help me replying this post.

**ESPAÑOL**

Hola, buenas noches a todos:Hoy cambié de sistema operativo de Windows 8.1 a Windows 10, y estoy teniendo un solo gran problema, relacionado a un horrible comportamiento del controlador de graficos integrado Intel HD Graphics 4400 instalado previamente en mi PC. Estos son los requerimientos actuales de mi PC:

Procesador: Intel Core i5 4440 de 3.10GHZ 3.10 GHZ con Graficos Integrados de Intel.

RAM: 8GB 1600MHZ.

Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 3.

Cuando abro cualquier aplicacion en fullscreen o cualquier aplicacion 3D (principalmente juegos), la controladora de graficos realiza un stop critico y crashea la PC, desplegando una pantalla azul con el mensaje "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)". He intentado reinstalar los drivers, desinstalarlos e incluso deshabilitarlos. Nada de eso ha dado resultado, Si alguno ha tenido el mismo problema, o depronto ha encontrado la situacion, por favor ayudeme respondiendo este post, gracias.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LBell4
Novice

**SOLVED**

A few hours later i found some info on a forum, telling me the error was a conflict between native game configuration and Graphics driver configuration, so I installed Intel HD Graphics 4600 from link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25150/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Production-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit Intel® Download Center and set all 3D and Video Config to the following:

as you can see, all configs are based in application requirements, so driver and game won't entry on conflict. Hope this will help you.

PD: This solution was tested on games and applications showed on following screnshot, best regards, Luigi.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LBell4
Novice

**SOLVED**

A few hours later i found some info on a forum, telling me the error was a conflict between native game configuration and Graphics driver configuration, so I installed Intel HD Graphics 4600 from link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25150/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Production-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit Intel® Download Center and set all 3D and Video Config to the following:

as you can see, all configs are based in application requirements, so driver and game won't entry on conflict. Hope this will help you.

PD: This solution was tested on games and applications showed on following screnshot, best regards, Luigi.

idata
Employee

Thanks, this solved my BSOD problems.

0 Kudos
Filip_Z_Intel
Employee

Can You please share the game name You've tried to play with those issues?

And the setting You had in game?

I understand that the BSOD has happened on default driver settings?

0 Kudos
LBell4
Novice

Nope... I did'nt realize a "clean installation" of Windows 10, I only updated and my custom settings from Windows 8.1 were already activated, and they were causing the crash and BSOD on my PC. The list of games tested on my PC is on the Picture of the solved post, and the game settings were the already customized by me when they were installed.

0 Kudos