Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20639 Discussions

X-Plane 12 Support

ECVPH
Novice

Hello there,

i purchased ARC 770 saturday, but i can´t start x-plane 12 because of missing drivers

I had to put my my old rtx 2070 super back in. Is there a solution near with the missing vulkan

drivers?.

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
51 Replies
Gabriela_Intel

Hey @ECVPH!

Thanks so much for your patience. The engineering team got in touch with X-Plane 12 developers to dig deeper into the issue and sent them some Arc cards for testing. We did just receive a more detailed response from the X-Plane 12 folks today. Long story short, they received the hardware and may be able to assist in resolving the issue. We're expecting to hear more feedback from them on next steps and timing of a potential fix. I'll follow up again once we have a substantial update. 🙂

Thanks!

Gabriela E.

Graphics Product Support Engineer

0 Kudos
ECVPH
Novice

Hello Gabriela E.

Thank you for your response and your efforts again.

0 Kudos
Gueraxe23
Beginner

Have you an update on this issue? It seems there are an innumerable amount of interest in hopes to a resolution.  Please respond with an update asap.  Thank you for your time and cooperation.

0 Kudos
ECVPH
Novice

Hello again,

i don´t know if its appropriate to post a request under this thread but i´m running two 770´s in my rig (13700K and arc 770 dedicated). Is it possible to utilize both gpu´s for graphics display?. Thanks for your assistance and

Best Regards

0 Kudos
m99028m
Beginner

Hello All,

Just adding myself to the thread to keep track of any updates.  One of the main reasons I upgraded my GPU was to be able to play X-Plane 12.  Hopefully, we won't have to wait too much longer to be able to do so.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
skz
Beginner

I just bought an Arc A380 

It also failed to run X-Plane with message about vulcan   - really disappointing

I've an Ryzen 3 2200G  on a Gigabyte B450M Gaming motherboard

It also sometimes just hang up after the first desktop screen on Win10

using the latest driver , I didn't try the beta though

I returned it next day for a refund

0 Kudos
Poesis11de
Beginner

Hello everyone, 

I've been following this Discussion from the moment it started and really hope that there will be a solution soon.

Also, it would be cool if we got an update on how far you have come in solving the problem because I have had a great time with my Arc A770 and can't wait to finally install X-Plane 12 on my PC since it has been lying in my shelf for a few months already.

Thanks for working hard for so long now bringing new updates so frequently to enhance our user experience!

Best Regards

0 Kudos
ECVPH
Novice

Hello there,

there is some "info" from x-plane.org forum about some progress but still no solution yet. (From moderator) "Drivers have come some way, but still some questionmarks".

Best regards

0 Kudos
aGEEKdude
Beginner

Seems like the latest beta driver (.4499) has made a bit of a difference (at least on my 11th gen i-GPU laptop, I'll check on my pc with the arc gpu in a bit). It still crashes but this time there is a slightly different error and the regular x-plane installer GUI appears for a sec (not the error window but it's still blank) before dissapearing and crashing (I checked in task manager).

0 Kudos
ECVPH
Novice

Hi there,

i´ve got still the same error with newest beta. Cannot run xp 12 since february. Maybe next beta?. Or next gen battlemage gpu?.Or...

Best regards

0 Kudos
Poesis11de
Beginner

Hello everyone,

It has been some time since the last post and the drivers got updated again, but there still seems like there is no solution in sight, right?

Are there any more news on this topic or is it still the status-quo from two months ago?

Best regards

0 Kudos
ECVPH
Novice

Hello there,

unfortunately no solution yet, ARC i a nice piece of hardware but i am afraid there will be no driver for XP 12 anytime soon, if ever as battlemage generation is near and to my knowledge ARC will be asia market only. I had to switch to 4080 recently and Xp 12 runs fine.

Maybe you search for "Justsid" moderator from x-plane.org forum for some additional info.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Gueraxe23
Beginner

When you say switch to 4080, does that mean you added a different video card? I am having the same issue with Xplane12 not starting up on my system with the Intel UHD graphics card.  Is there a way to install another graphics card that will be compatible with Xplane12 on my current system?

It seems there has been no solution with no progress from any Intel nor Xplane support.  Very disheartening especially coming from a non-tech savvy guy. was hoping for a plug and play kind of situation.  This has turned into a money pit of course with no end in sight.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please help if able. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Jotamax
Beginner

Hi there,

I have the same problem and can start playing X-Plane 12 cause have some issue with vulkan.

And I started reading this problem from March 2023, and today september 17, 2023 and still there is not solution.

"X-Plane failed to initialize Vulkan and can't run" ERROR.

I have installed the latest intel arc a770 drivers version: 31.0.101.4824 - released:9/8/2023

So until now and from last year I can play the game

Regards.

0 Kudos
ECVPH
Novice

@Gueraxe23i replaced the ARC 770 with RTX 4080 only to run x-plane 12. i´d have otherwise sticked to the arc because of its pricing as a decent piece of hardware even in uhd resolution. I assume intel won´t hire am "army" of coders to bring x-plane 12 to life on an ARC card when the next generation battlemage is near release. I wish you luck with the card and x-plane 12 but i have my doubts the it ll ever run on an ARC card.

regards

0 Kudos
Gueraxe23
Beginner
ECVPH,
As i am not very tech savvy, is this RTX 4080 some type of software or hardware that can easily be purchased,  say at a Best Buy? Or
What are your recommendations to acquire? Thanks again for your help. Really looking forward to hopefully starting my flight simulator training journey. Thank you!
0 Kudos
ECVPH
Novice

@Gueraxe23  ^^ type "Nvidia RTX 4080" in your search engine. You may find some to purchase.

0 Kudos
Jotamax
Beginner
I am very disappointed with this situation, some Friends recommended that I not buy an Intel GPU but I did and now I can't play what I want due to lack of compatibility.
0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Hi all,

Apologies for the lack of updates. Rest assured, there has been some movement in the background albeit I'll admit that it has taken a little bit longer than we would have liked.

The good news is that we have a fix for an optimization issue in the driver. The driver with the fix is not available for download on intel.com just yet though. We'll update the thread here when we have more information on the driver. 

Also, there are some game issues that have been identified so we are working closely with X-Plane developers get them resolved.

Thanks everyone for your patience!!

aGEEKdude
Beginner
Very glad to hear that, and thanks for all the work. I’ve been waiting for a while for this to be fixed and I’m glad that it’s finally ready to go.
0 Kudos
Poesis11de
Beginner

Hello there,

Thank you for your hard work!

It's a good sign to finally hear from you again after such a long time and I'm happy to hear that there was this much progress.

As I'm a programmer myself I can understand the frustration the team must have felt fixing all those issues in these past months.

I appreciate that you are still working on this as I'm pretty sure other developers might have already given up on this.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos