Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20639 Discussions

cpu usage 100%

idata
Employee

ecently,i,changed,my,graphic,card,of,dell,inspirion,N5010,to,intel,iron,lake,graphic,card,but,after,changing,my,cpu,usage,goes,to,100%,without,any,process,going,in,my,pc,and,my,Ram,using,maximum,space,without,any,process,in,taskmanager @

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

The Avivo HD technology in old gpu you replaced handles all video tasks and enables the GPU to decode HD videos.(H.264/MPEG-4 AVC and VC-1 streams)

But, some versions of Ironlake(Clarkdale or Arrandale) don't have "Intel Clear Video - Itel Quick Sync" technologies. These are used for hardware acceleration on video compute.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

so what should i do now to decrease its cpu usage.Are there any drivers that can be solve the decode issue ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I understand you have upgraded the Intel® processor for a different model and technology.

Please bear in mind that since you have a Dell computer, this type of upgrade depends on the computer BIOS and if this is 100% compatible you would probably need updated graphics drivers.

I will need some information from your computer. Please run the following utility and attach the report.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/siu.html Intel® System Identification Utility

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

after uninstalling graphic driver (intel hd graphics) which i have downloaded and installed.

the default driver is

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the report, I appreciate the information.

Please bear in mind that an Intel® processor does not require any driver to work properly. If the processor includes the graphics controller, that is all you need, graphics drivers.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22167/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-Driver-Windows-7-64-Windows-Vista-64-exe- Graphics drivers version 2829

If the problem remains, the issue is not related to the graphics and you would need to check with your computer manufacturer for more information.

Allan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Did you load driver version 2829? or did you test your computer with customized drivers?

Allan.
0 Kudos