Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20641 Discussions

disabling 915GV Express Chipset with integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900

idata
Employee

I've got an HP dC5100 Small Forms Factor PC and I bought an SFF PCI graphics card. The computer beeps when I try to start it with the new card installed. I've googled my brains out and tried everything I can find, but I can't find a way to disable the onboard graphics. When I remove my new card, reboot, and go back into the BIOS, the adapter is enabled again (although when I finish booting it's still disabled). I'm running Windows 7 Professional 32 bit if that makes any difference.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi,

Most of Intel Chipsets have been designed to disable the onboard graphics controller once a PCI or PCI Express graphics card has been installed, this procedure is done automatically in the BIOS.

if your PCI graphics card is not recognized by your system, you should check if this card meets with the PCI specifications of the slot (e.g 2.2, 2.0) this information should be provided by the manufacturer.

Now this is a 3rd party system, additionally you may check with HP if they have changed some BIOS setting related with the use of PCI video cards as well.

Regards,

Dago MC

0 Kudos