Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20638 Discussions

how can i force Intel HD Graphic to send 5.1 channel to Panasonic use Viera link via HDMI

idata
Employee

hello

i have panasonic tv and home theater and use viera link have this problem.

when i connect my laptop to tv via hdmi it send only 2 channal voice but Panasonic say you can send 5.1 to tv and tv send it to home theater.(

i update our Graphic , don't use any covertor like dvi to hdmi or etc and use only hdmi .

i also check the control panel of our Graphic and voice system and it doesn't show any way for forcing send 5.1 channal and not default settings 2 channal.

update:

still no answer for this problem

i'm sending some pic for showing this problem(and some edit):

-intel put the setting for sending sound to tv:

-it can send only stereo(home theater connect with viera and support 5/1 channal 😞

what intel find that my tv can support :

what i can select in advanced ( don't say about select -it accidentaly select because i use touchpad (i normaly use mouse ) my default is 16 bit 48000Hz 😞

Message was edited by: zed2

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AP16
Valued Contributor III

You must check your TV capabilities with http://entechtaiwan.com/util/moninfo.shtm http://entechtaiwan.com/util/moninfo.shtm , especially part about supported audio formats. If TV don`t provide support for Dolby Digital and DTS, yes, you are limited to stereo for HDMI. Also you must check all of HDMI inputs on TV - usually, only one of them is suited for PC/game console connection.

idata
Employee

i check all 3 hdmi port and all say same thing:

CE audio data (formats supported)

LPCM 2-channel, 16-bit at 32/44/48 kHz

i reed both operating instruction of tv and home theater and find this:

information i find about optical digital audio cable (it's toslink)

update:

i forget tell this:

i already have toslink and connect to home theater and tv and also in tv i set home cinema and in home theater i set do d-in for multi channal.

the resoult is same and only 2 channel

Message was edited by: zed2

0 Kudos
AP16
Valued Contributor III
CE audio data (formats supported)

LPCM 2-channel, 16-bit at 32/44/48 kHz

This clearly mean that HDMI is useless for multi-channel sound transfer. You must connect PC with TV via toslink cable from motherboard audio (usually such port are in backplate near USB outputs, although it may be on separate bracket from MB) to 'Optical IN' port on TV, then in Control Panel - Sound Properties select digital output of your MB audio device instead of Intel Graphics HDMI output .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
This clearly mean that HDMI is useless for multi-channel sound transfer

then why panasonic say it in operating instructions book " tv can support multi channel"????

you can also see it in new tv operating instructions book ( with new update of use only hdmi for sending...)it guide for sending multi channal.

example for this , page 57

http://www.panasonic.ae/EN/Manuals/TH-L42D25.pdf link

do we have way for forcing audio drive don't check tv and change it to unkown tv and let me choose other setting for audio?

i forget tell this:

You must connect PC with TV via toslink cable from motherboard audio

i use laptop and it don't have toslink port.

for this way i should buy and use hdmi splitter for access toslink port.( and it also cost a lot money - i will choose it when i give up)

0 Kudos
AP16
Valued Contributor III

Page 62 of manual confirm that TV support only 2ch sound input on HDMI. I.e. there is no way for you to send multichannel audio to trhis TV, although TV support multichannel output (but the only source supported are videos from SD card/USB flash).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

thanks for help and answering

i didn't see that page.(sorry)

if new tv don't support it then thinking old tv have the support is useless

l give up ...save money for buying splitter.

0 Kudos
xgris
Beginner

hi. i´ve got an LG Cinema 3D and it is not 5.1, BUT i've got between the computer and the TV an HDMI switch (4 in and 1 out) WITH an optical audio out. it takes the 5.1 audio from the HDMI, and it gives it to my h.t. For the O.S. i´ve got an LG TV connected to the HDMI, so, if I configure in hdmi out (LG-TV), it takes the tv's strereo, but not the 5.1 i need for the switch. so, how can i get 5.1 in my hdmi cable?

10q, Xakko

0 Kudos
MLico
Beginner

Hola, soy de Argentina, tendo el mismo problema que "zed2" pero con la diferencia que tengo un lcd marca LG y me reconoce sonido 5.1 porque lo he probado con la ps3 y funciona correctamente, pero desde la PC me muestra lo mismo que a zed2 "max number of channels 2"

Como lo puedo solucionar??

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello MatiLico

I am sorry but the support is provided in English only.

Can you please post here your dxdiag report?

0 Kudos
aramo10
Novice

I have a similar problem, though my pc (dell inspiron 14r 5420) is connected to my home theater via HDMI and my HT to my TV via HDMI. I can get my PS3 to play 6channel sound but not my pc. the only HDMI output in it is on the intel graphics(HD4000). it´s a driver issue and can´t be solved by downloading the latest. Nvidia had a similar driver problem but it was sorted out, said that the card was comunicating with the TV directly and providing the supported TV audio formats only they made driver upgrades and it disappeared. if only intel had corrected it already or my pc had the HDMI on the Nvidia card instead of intel´s, I wouldn´t have this problem. Is there a fix such as a specific driver for the case?