Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20635 Discussions

i9 7920x CS:GO (Blue Screen) (affinity issues)

idata
Employee

I just got my i9 7920x and it seems to play most games and aplications fine but it blue screens in counter strike go sometimes instantly.

I have a asus prime A motherboard and 4266 ddr4 gskill memory.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Maybe I have to reinstall windows or drivers?

Is turbo 3.0 boost killing this game?

Also why when I removed cores through afinity settings in windows to run maya 3d rendering the cores automatically become reenabled when I start doing renders and it lags my stream?

so 2 issues

Blue screen in cs:go and an inability do assign proper cores for different tasks the computer seems to do what it wants....

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Crimsom,

Thank you for joining the Intel® Community. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regarding your questions for the game, I would like to gather more information regarding this matter, this in order to provide the most accurate answer. Please see below:

• Provide the full model of your motherboard.
  • Let us know the driver version you are running. Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.
  • Provide your BIOS version.
  • Provide your operating system.

Now regarding the 3D software, if it re-enables the cores it's because the software needs it for the rendering tests or tasks. For this matter I would need the same information requested above, thank you.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Motherboard:

PRIME X299-A

Bios:

Version 0802 2017/09/15

Ram:

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4266 (PC4 34100) Desktop Memory Model F4-4266C19D-16GTZR

Blue screens during stock or overclocked settings. Even blue screened once while loading into windows.

Right now running 4.2ghz performance default settings on asus motherboard, going to try some lan drivers ect and hope that solves the problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Let us know the results. Please also let us know your operating system and graphics driver version installed. Go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Do you see any error message in the blue screen?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I don't have any Intel display drivers installed.

I'm using a Nvidia gtx 1080 ti

as for the blue screen I'm still getting it, happens in cs:go whether I'm at stock or default overclocks.... let me see if I can get the blue screen error code again 1 sec.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

ok so I've messed around even more and I'm still having issues, I've changed voltages swaped computer parts graphics processors, done everything I can.

Here are the windows dump files I've collected from my issues this evening.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c0HpMZ9mmkzm4GnUp4Hhljf5tY6M7pRq/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Myeh39X6u_5OsbzBTj7nh73qNGOXbSvc/view?usp=sharing

If I don't get a solution I'll have to start trying to get a refund.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/118227 Crimsom, I am sorry to hear that! Sure, I understand if you would like to process a refund.

Just to double check, did you update the drivers mentioned above?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I did some runs today, and it might have been my ram timings causing the issue.

I'lll keep you posted...

Set my Ram to 3200 - 14,14,14, 34 Auto

No crashes yet after 2 hours.. "fingers crossed", going to take me some time to regain confidence in my system, I sent a video card back that was having issues which was causing my maya too crash during 3d renders. Now I just need to get cs:go stable and I'll be a happy camper. when the two main things I use my computer for weren't working but everything else was works fine, it kinda makes you question a lot of things about reality.

To be honest the chip is absolutely amazing just have to trouble shoot these last problems... and I can always upgrade to a 7980xe a couple years down the line which is a nice thing to think about.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, keep me posted.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos