Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20700 Discussions

report Periodically Micro Stutter issue from driver

hong620
New Contributor I

at the first time, i think this issue is application SW side issue, only happen on specific browser or only on windows 11 issue.

cause even in intergrated one, current intel GPU is quite powerful and stable that can handle most of graphics queue from windows desktop, and most of intel specific issue is from each SW side issue, as example some chromium side - AV1 media accelation broken kind thing, not the driver side fault.

but after one day long tests and check other user's issue reports, i realized this issue is quite common and happen to system global.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1843449

so i'd test and make video of it to compare with dGPU.

hope to deliver driver team to found the root of cause.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @hong620  

Thank you for your reply. 

We understand your point of view and discomfort about this, however, we tried to replicate this issue with the information you have given us until now and there was no delay in using dedicated or integrated graphics to run those apps. 

As the information we have been given is limited and not complete, our recommendation is to contact your System Manufacturer to check this issue and further assistance. 

This thread will no longer be monitored, but if you need assistance with other matters, feel free to contact us and submit a new post. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
hong620
New Contributor I

First report day at bugzilla was 4 month ago, specific system information is attached in that page,

during 4 months, quite many thing change beside windows and intel gpu driver.

if those issue already resolved from they're sides, ISS utility to gether current information on my system might be just add more confusion to them.

anyone can reproduce issue from i described in bugzilla post so.. i think i dun need to test all things up again on my side.

report it here just for sure, either way most of peoples experience those issue will change it to dGPU until intel totally fix the issue.

i guess just copy paste same message about 'attach system information' in here doesn't much helped in this case.

if someone didn't knew that have to describe system enviorment information for bug report, they even couldn't found proper forum under intel website and post in here.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @hong620  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

We understand that you are having issues with Firefox, however, please be aware that we need some information and make sure of some points so we can replicate the issue and report the issue if that is the case. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective on this issue: 

1. Does this issue happen in other apps like Microsoft Word? 
  2. Does this issue happen using the latest Intel graphics driver

Note: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation and doing the clean installation process without internet connection. 

1. Run this utility and attach the report so we can have your system information and check if something is off: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
hong620
New Contributor I

please just read the description i wrote in there 4 month ago.

Not just Firefox, MS Chromium edge kind web browsers, from notepad, word kind default application to all the 3rd party applications that run on intel GPU shows same issue.

as far as i'd test on Lastest windows build and intel gpu drivers, on my intel iGPU + nvidia dGPU enviorment, issue is still same.

and many simmilar reports exist from not just laptop users, simmilar intel iGPU with AMD dGPU desktop cases.

you can just manually bind the GPU on each applications by Windows 10/11 setting menu so.. confirmation won't be hard.

and also about Intel SSU softwares.. i was used to report other issues on other intel products.

but that software is got some permission issue in installer itself, error code 2503 and 2502.

it's typical permission issues that just easily solve by excute in administration account in Previous Windows Vista/7 era.

but in modern Windows 10/11's default security enviorment, for workaround those methods,

you have to manually elaborate system permmsion over administration permission by input secret command in PowerShell to trigger to show windows system administration account that hide in, then log off and log in that manually to excute intel SSU installer in that state.

not just the windows account and permission related risks, it's just trigger more issue then just workaround for typical 'old installer' issues.

so i can't and i won't do that for risk to waste entire one single day for just posting system log on that.

seems issue it still happening on lastest intel 31.0.101.4577 driver with windows 11 22H2

i didn't transition this system to win11 23H2 yet, but driver is same so guess fairly issue will same happen on 23H2 either.

SSU's installer issue is global and affect on all windows 11 users in earth so.. i think SSU installer flaw and security messure is much important then this intel GPU stutter issues.

anyway all enough my system log is already posted in that bugzilla post, and thanks for sharing this issue listing to driver team Jocelyn.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @hong620  

We understand that you want to report this issue, however, there is a process for this and we need to make sure that everything is okay and up to date, check the system information, and perform troubleshooting to discard possible root causes that do not necessarily include the integrated graphics. If after the troubleshooting performed the issue persists and the system is up to date, we check the replication steps so we can send to replicate this issue and report an issue after if everything indicates that it might be due to the graphics driver, so the proper team can have all the information and check it out. 

This is the process we have to follow and we need the information we requested previously for this, there is no  Intel SSU report in the thread you shared and we need it to investigate this issue. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
hong620
New Contributor I

I'm understand those process is necessary for reproduce issue on they're side, not just for bureaucratic issue report form.

but there's no way to Install SSU on my system (not just me, all the windows 11 users) in current state,

unless they change installer to current Microsoft's recent security policy in installer authority that applied in all windows 11

or just deliver intel SSU as 'non-installation version of SW' just like other system utility vendors provide 'tech support related SW'.

even intel drivers delivered as Zip file, not all the time to outdated installer.

that workaround i'd described is quite non-universal method that totally risking my system in danger single code vulnerable state so either i can't do that.

anyway at that days, i can't even found which address i could report about issue of SSU so hope you can deliver those issue tracks on that SSU depart, not to me.

most of function and issues are get limitated by Microsoft's side nowdays, but anyway intel GPU driver side issue is not my business and yours either cause it can notice to anyone in certain state but even intel GPU devs doesn't use intel GPU themselves and you keep demand system log by 'unfunctional broken intel software just cause of brucrat old outdate installer used'.

no one expect something fix or solved by user feedback from big tech companies nowdays anyway.

you're okay to close this post.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @hong620  

Let me do some research on the original issue and this. As soon as I have updates, I will get back to you. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @hong620  

Thank you for your time. 

We tried the replicate the issue but it wasn't reproduced, there was no delay while typing or similar in several apps, including Firefox using the Intel® UHD Graphics 770 card. 

In this case, you can look for more support from the browser's support team or your System Manufacturer for more inspection. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
hong620
New Contributor I

yeah, i've try some few light tests on that, and seems issue is not produced in my enviorment now.

(was even noticable stutter from ultra lightweight Unity engine game but now seems all gone)

did they try test in Intel iGPU+nvidia dGPU with Display output from nvidia GPU to AdaptiveSync 10bit display more then 4k 144hz in DSC?

might be this issue totally solved from Windows's change or nvidia driver side, anyway fairly noticable method to reproduce them was play 8k60P HDR AV1 video stream from intel iGPU in MS Edge.

(no preformance issue in video decode accelation but shows noticable stuter)

but current Chromium Edge got AV1 broken issue since 114~116 so we can't try using this one to hard load on iGPU right now.

anyway if condition for reproduce this issue is different certain condition or somekind long time run the system kind case, and if i'm experience same issue again, i'll try post in this forum to help to report right away.

and about system manufactor suspect.. my system is build by own so those tech support from 3rd party PC manufactor might be not much helped in this case.

(only variable i can guess is Mobo Manufactor's firmware update, i'd update GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS elite AX-W firmware few days ago from F2 to F6b that include DDR memory compatibility changes and Intel CPU Microcode updates)

and cause of that, my windows license deactivated by Microsoft Policy Change about upgraded license in Sep. 2023 and spend more then 350 buck for test this issue caused from CPU/mobo or not.

anyway thanks for all the supports Jocelyn.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @hong620  

We understand your point of view and discomfort about this, however, we tried to replicate this issue with the information you have given us until now and there was no delay in using dedicated or integrated graphics to run those apps. 

As the information we have been given is limited and not complete, our recommendation is to contact your System Manufacturer to check this issue and further assistance. 

This thread will no longer be monitored, but if you need assistance with other matters, feel free to contact us and submit a new post. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos