Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20692 Discussions

usb c dp alt mode not working on my laptop

leshchenko
Beginner

I bought a laptop because it has a type-c display port feature, in order to easily change between my MacBook pro and laptop and work with my external display.

I faced an issue in that the type-c display port doesn't work on my laptop.

The monitor is MSI Optix MAG274QRF QD , the cable is THUNDERBOLT 3 (USB-C) CABLE 0.8M APPLE (MQ4H2ZM/A), the laptop is GIGABYTE G5 KD 

When I tried to update all drivers from the official site, I faced new interesting issue.

Prerequisites:

1. My laptop is turned on

2. Monitor is plugged into the laptop by a type-c display port

Steps to reproduce:

1. Download SerialIO-Intel [30.100.2129.8] Nov 09, 2021 driver from the official site.

2. Start and install it.

Right after installing the screen blinks, the Windows sound of the new connected device plays, and the external display start working. If I unplug the monitor, then plug in it again, it doesn't work again. After doing all steps again, it starts working until restarting/turning off the laptop, and unplugging/plugging in the monitor. By the way, the monitor is working fine with my Macbook.

So I came to the conclusion, that it's the software problem, as it works fine after driver installation.

My OS info:

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎04.‎10.‎2022
OS build 19045.2965
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

Please help me to fix this issue.

0 Kudos
0 Replies