Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Converting a Evaluation License from Fixed to Float

ManuDwivedi
Novice

Hello,

As the title suggests I have a quartus prime pro evaluation license which I need to convert to float instead of fixed since. When I run

./lmutil lmstat -c /opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/licenses/LR-156239_License.dat
lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2021 Flexera. All Rights Reserved.
Flexible License Manager status on Wed 1/31/2024 20:52

Error getting status: No SERVER lines in license file. (-13,66)

And SERVER lines are only present in float license. Please advise how to make this change.

Best,
Manu

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ManuDwivedi
Novice

Hello! I was able to solve it myself, the issue was as simple as Quartus not being in $PATH.  Which was given away because I wasn't able to invoke the quartus command and had to run it directly from ./opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/quartus/bin/quartus. I am not sure why that leads to the issue with the license being read incorrectly however.

export $PATH=$PATH:
/opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/quartus/bin/ does the trick.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Welcome to INTEL forum. To further check could you provide the details

Name :

Email Address :

Company Name :

Company Address :

NICID(Mac Add) :

Also provide/attach the license.dat file.

For privacy, reply/attach file in private message.

0 Kudos
ManuDwivedi
Novice

Hello! I was able to solve it myself, the issue was as simple as Quartus not being in $PATH.  Which was given away because I wasn't able to invoke the quartus command and had to run it directly from ./opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/quartus/bin/quartus. I am not sure why that leads to the issue with the license being read incorrectly however.

export $PATH=$PATH:
/opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/quartus/bin/ does the trick.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We are glad that you have found the solution for this issue and hope all is well. With your confirmation, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos