Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.

Re-hosting a Floating License

JohnsonT
Beginner

Is it possible to re-host a floating license? 

I own a license (floating license) and am the administrator for the license. I am currently working with a vendor and would like for the vendor to install my license on their own server. At the end of the project, my hope is to re-host the license on my own server. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Yes, based on my understanding, Software and IP licenses can be transferred to a different PC/server by going to the Create New License section on the Self-Service Licensing Center by license admin only.

The hosting count provided by default is 3 but you can any time reset your hosting count back to 3(if you use all your hosting) by request it here in forum or you can contact Intel FPGA Tools and IP customer service via the “Contact Customer Service” option by logging in to the Self- Service Licensing Center at https://licensing.intel.com/ using your myIntel account.

0 Kudos
JohnsonT
Beginner
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

I hope all is well. We have not heard from you and I hope that my last note clears up this matter. It is not recommended to keep a Case idle too long without activities. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos