Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28500 Discussions

[INSTALL DEPRECATED COMPILER] Intel Visual FORTRAN 2019 Update 5 (2019.5.281)

adelaubier
Beginner

Good evening,

We're using this compiler in our company because a software, ANSYS Mechanical, needs it in this exact version for UPF (User Programmable Feature). 

Since few weeks, it's not possible anymore to install that version because of deprecation, and it's blocking us with using UPF.

Is it possible to get a safe way to install that version of Fortran compiler ?

Best wishes !

Augustin

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Do you have a support contract with Intel for the compiler? If not, then, no.  I'm confused by your description, though - if you have the installer (and a serial number for that version), it should install.

I'll comment that any claim that a specific version of the compiler is needed is almost certainly false, and likely to give you headaches down the road. I suggest installing the current, free version of the compiler and see what happens. At most there may need to be minor changes needed to setup scripts to find the compiler.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Do you have a support contract with Intel for the compiler? If not, then, no.  I'm confused by your description, though - if you have the installer (and a serial number for that version), it should install.

I'll comment that any claim that a specific version of the compiler is needed is almost certainly false, and likely to give you headaches down the road. I suggest installing the current, free version of the compiler and see what happens. At most there may need to be minor changes needed to setup scripts to find the compiler.

Ron_Green

We can't do that here on the Forum.  Open a Support request on the Online Service Center that is part of your Priority Support (if you have that).

0 Kudos