Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
489 Discussions

Fix for fonts in Time Line and Trace Content panes on hi-res displays GPA 2023.4

BHBH
Beginner

Hello,

I'm running fresh install of GPA 2023.4, on Windows 10 22H2, and the fonts are not rendering correctly, primarily "too thin" in the Time Line Viewer & Trace Content Panes.

This is on a display at native resolution of 3840x2160, DPI scaling 100%.  Gets worse at 125%, 150%, etc, but starts looking good in the range 200% to 300% (unusably too large). 

Same display at non-native half resolution 1920x1080, DPI scaling 150% is not as "thin" but still renders poorly.

Is there a fix or workaround to get the fonts rendering correctly?  Perhaps by setting Qt environment variables or changing resource files in GPA's installation directory?

Attached is a screenshot showing this in typical case, but it gets worse (to nearly unreadable) in other cases.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sentientSpark_Intel

Hi BHBH,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. That is understandably frustrating that this Qt font is rendering poorly in the Trace Analyzer timeline. We are currently investigating the issue and will reply back with any information and workarounds we find.

0 Kudos
BHBH
Beginner

Thank you, please let me know if any other information on my part will help find a solution.

0 Kudos
sentientSpark_Intel

Hi BHBH,

Could you let me know if you get any different results using our most recent release (GPA 24.1)?

And are you using the Large UI scale? (You can get to UI scaling options by clicking the Settings gear icon in the top right as shown in the picture below)

sentientSpark_Intel_0-1711127239570.png

0 Kudos