Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

My system is not Intel Optane Memory Ready

dxr9
Beginner

I recently replaced my 10 years old PC with a new one that I put together. I booted the new system then added a 3 TB raid1 and all went well. Then when I add 2nd RAID 1 the system crashed with BSOD msg 'SYSTEM SHREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDELED'. I posted my question in RST but no result - 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Rapid-Storage-Technology/Help-RST-creating-RAID1-caused-BSOD/m-p/1510313#M12212 

I also posted in Microsoft Win 11 forum with the minidump and they told me I had memory corruption. This remind me that from the beginning I have warning msg from Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management app 'No supported controller found' and asked me to install the latest software which I did.  Not sure what else I can do. Please help!

Here is my config -

Intel Core i7-13700 CPU
G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6400 (PC5 51200) Desktop Memory Model
ASUA ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI Motherborad
NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030
Samsung SSD 870 EVO 1TB system drive

Here is the clip shows the crash when adding the 2nd RAID1 - 

https://youtu.be/REwbpuJ9zPM?si=ZxizXieE86jIciXR 

I attached some pictures also. 

Thanks!20231226_153352_Fotor.jpg20231227_195213_Fotor.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello dxr9,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

According to the video you provided, it does not seem you are using Intel Optane Memory.

Kindly check below links to verify further on this:

How to Confirm If Intel® Rapid Storage Technology/Intel® Optane™ Memory Is Being Used in My System

What Is the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management Application?

Do I Need the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management App?

You may also check below link for similar community cases:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Optane-Memory/quot-System-Is-Not-Intel-Optane-Memory-Ready-quot/td-p/1350991

We also recommend you to check on this issue further with ASUS - the Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM).

Kindly let us know if you have any other questions. Else if none, please confirm the case closure.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
dxr9
Beginner

Hi thanks for the quick response. My question is, will lacking of Optane memory cause BSOD when adding 2nd RAID1 array? I don't really care about Optane memory, all I need is to have the 2nd RAID1 array. Thanks!

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi dxr9,

Kindly check with ASUS further on this. Since the OEM can update on which RAID is supported.

If you are not using Optane Memory, you can uninstall the application.

Since you are using Samsung SSD, it would be best to check with OEM on how to configure raid on ASUS.

Kindly let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello dxr9,

Regarding your thread, we are following up to find out if you were able to complete the actions, we previously recommended.

Please reply here to confirm, so we can continue helping with a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply!

Kindly let us know if you have any questions. Else if none, please confirm the thread closure.

Thank You.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello dxr9,

Since we have not received any further response from your end, we will proceed to close the thread.

Once the thread is closed it will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Kindly open a new thread if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos