Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

i am unable to install intel rapid storage techonology

SinghBikram
Beginner

hello  everyone to then who are watching it wright now 

my laptop name is lenovo legion 5 pro after my windows crashed due to the dual boot installation of kali linux and windows with mac os catalina on a single laptop i just wipe all my data in ssd and when i try to install windows 11  it doesn't show any ssd drive but when i disable VDM it starts showing my 1 tb and from then whenever i enable intel VDM technology my laptops shows blue screen error after that i try to install new drivers from intel rapid technology it shows error here is the screen shot of it 

? what should i do now 

Screenshot 2023-12-31 164849.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SinghBikram
Beginner

here are my laptop configrations   lenovo legion 5 pro        with       16 gb ram         1 tb nvem ssd memory     i7 processor   and       rtx 3060 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What i7 processor?  There have been 14 generations.   Provide the COMPLETE model number.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You don't seem to have the hardware to use RAID, so I presume you have an Optane module. If this is the case and you want to continue to have Linux in the picture, disable VMD and do not use or even install Intel Rapid Storage. This means your Optane SSD will run without acceleration, but that's the price you pay. If you don't have an Optane Module, well, you really have no reason to have Intel Rapid Storage installed anyway. Case closed, don't use Intel Rapid Storage if Linux is in the picture.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Devi_Intel
Employee

Hello SinghBikram,

Good Day ~

Thank you for posting Memory & Storage Community. I'm here to follow up case as per subject. Thanks to super user for the feedback. Kindly update the issue have resolved as per suggested. for further concern please do let us know.

Thank you & Best Regards,

Devi_Intel

0 Kudos
Devi_Intel
Employee

Hello SinghBikram,

Good Day ~

Your issue is now considered resolved, therefore we are proceeding to close this ticket.

If you have any more questions in the future, please don't hesitate to post a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you & Best Regards,

Devi_Intel

0 Kudos