Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool

Optane 905p drivers for Windows 7

umea
Beginner

Hi all,

I would like to use Windows 7 on my 905p. Unfortunately, the link in this manual (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27396/Client-NVMe-Microsoft-Windows-Drivers-for-Intel-SSDs?v=t) for " Client NVMe Microsoft Windows Drivers for Intel® SSDs" does not work.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Try this link.

Leon

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Umea.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

Official support for Windows 7 has been discontinued by Microsoft and drivers are no longer being developed for it.

The Intel NVMe driver is also being discontinued (EOL - End Of Life) and will not be available as of Feb 6th 2023; it is encouraged to work with the default drivers included with Windows (inbox). The link to the download page still works, but the download is no longer there.

Depending on your platform, I would recommend checking also with the manufacturer of the desktop/laptop/motherboard to confirm support for Windows 7 and alternatively check with Microsoft or their community if there are any other steps you can take regarding this operating system.

I will close the thread on February 23rd if there are no other questions or comments.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos